Lord Braykewynde

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Just a quick note I know alot of Forumites used to ask of LB And Im sure most knew his wife jean had cancer which was a risk to several areas. I can now tell you Jean is well and has had the all clear of her cancer.I have tried to entice him back but hes a hard man to deal with.
Sir Roger .....

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Whilst in Hereford two weeks ago, I was out walking the dogs and met a very fine Gent who told me he was Lord Arbuthnot Carruthers Brakewynde, is this the same chap. ?
Hutch.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
It would be really good to see him back.
I'm enjoying being back but it isn't easy after a break.
I will never be able to thank everyone enough for everything they did for me and how supportive everyone was through the dark times, the happy times and the current times. There really are some very lovely people on this site who have kept me going! :)

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
Whilst in Hereford two weeks ago, I was out walking the dogs and met a very fine Gent who told me he was Lord Arbuthnot Carruthers Brakewynde, is this the same chap. ?
Hutch.

Could have been. Hereford was his manor. Never met him in person, so couldn't describe him. I think he also went by the name of Chris?

So glad Lady B is well.
Mel

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Arg, these Knoble folk always hide behind their second name,.
ARHutcheon Esq.
Long live our Queen

H.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
imgres

Was this him.?
Hutch.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
Sorry about my last posting , but MI 5 must have gotten to it first. .
Hutch.

Are you monitored too? Snap join the club. I always know when my phone is monitored by the russians as the weather app changes to Kiev.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Martin24 said:
EH52ARH said:
Sorry about my last posting , but MI 5 must have gotten to it first. .
Hutch.

Are you monitored too? Snap join the club. I always know when my phone is monitored by the russians as the weather app changes to Kiev.

You're worried about Russians when you are surrounded by women!?
Mel

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
SirRogerFFS said:
Just a quick note I know alot of Forumites used to ask of LB And Im sure most knew his wife jean had cancer which was a risk to several areas. I can now tell you Jean is well and has had the all clear of her cancer.I have tried to entice him back but hes a hard man to deal with.
Sir Roger .....

Thanks for the update and the good news. Have often wondered how both he and his better half were doing. It seems he posts occasionally over on the CC forum but would be good if he were to pop back in here from time to time. Always enjoyed his input and sense of humour.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
SirRogerFFS said:
Sir Roger .....

Sir Roger give him and Jean my best regards and I am very happy for them both to have overcome what they have been through together.

Oh and ask LB if he is looking after that big bear he has in his back garden. :)

And yes I am with the other's his sense of humour is greatly missed.

Mar 13, 2007
Visit site
Glad to hear the old goat, and his lady wife is better and are still going strong.
I can't see him coming back though, the forums far too tame for him these days, :whistle: :whistle:

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Martin, , You must give his this chap a renewed chance , he seemed abrupt but after what his good lady has gone through, with the problems of rebuilding his
hall in Hertford,. Must have taken a toll, on finances and the loyal task force.
H.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Well I for one had the [strike]un[/strike]fortunate experience of staying on our little gemstone of a site in St Austell at the same time as LB and Jean.
Sadly they were only just into retirement before the problems arose. Excellent news from Sir Roger that Jean is well
His real name is Chris, as Mel says.
He wont mind me saying he's a miserable old duffer with more hangups than a ladies wardrobe. Bombastic , self opinionated, bigoted, socially inept, a leftie and always politically incorrect.
His signature says it all:-
"If there is anyone I have not insulted I profusely apologise!
Hutch. If the bloke you saw called you a[strike] tosser[/strike] to your face then yes if could have been LB. That's my boy B) .
As Colin said this site is too soft and there are rules which must be followed. LB didn't like the rules. The rest is history.
You should also note LB was a fully fledged Paramedic picking up pieces , literally. That takes a very special person to come out the other end after that lot :)

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
Martin, , You must give his this chap a renewed chance , he seemed abrupt but after what his good lady has gone through, with the problems of rebuilding his
hall in Hertford,. Must have taken a toll, on finances and the loyal task force.
H.

????

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Well I for one had the [strike]un[/strike]fortunate experience of staying on our little gemstone of a site in St Austell at the same time as LB and Jean.
Sadly they were only just into retirement before the problems arose. Excellent news from Sir Roger that Jean is well
His real name is Chris, as Mel says.
He wont mind me saying he's a miserable old duffer with more hangups than a ladies wardrobe. Bombastic , self opinionated, bigoted, socially inept, a leftie and always politically incorrect.
His signature says it all:-
"If there is anyone I have not insulted I profusely apologise!
Hutch. If the bloke you saw called you a[strike] tosser[/strike] to your face then yes if could have been LB. That's my boy B) .
As Colin said this site is too soft and there are rules which must be followed. LB didn't like the rules. The rest is history.
You should also note LB was a fully fledged Paramedic picking up pieces , literally. That takes a very special person to come out the other end after that lot :)

Just to clear up any possible misconceptions, Lord Braykewynde isn't banned or suspended from this forum, as far as I can tell he was last on here in 2013.
He enjoys a good rant about politics and associated subjects as do many of us myself included, but such subject matter is not allowed to be aired on this forum which is focused on the enjoyment (and pitfalls) of touring caravan ownership.
Lord B was often on a motorhome related message board which allowed political ranting which appeared to be close to online bullying, and he now seems more at home on the CC forum which also allows the occasional rant about politics so long may he and his wife continue to enjoy their caravan and Lord B his online alter-ego.
He is welcome to use this forum but he doesn't like the way that we moderate the forum which is fair enough, we can't please them all :lol:

Mar 13, 2007
Visit site
hi all,
excellent posts there by Parksy and DD, sums up the character perfectly, or should one say the alter ego, totally un politically correct, bombastic, argumentative, and like a raging Hereford Bull. that liked to play the Agent provocateur, on every subject not associated with caravans. but as that sort of thing declined so did LB, shame in a way as I liked that glove puppet a lot and despite not posting since 2013 he is still the most prolific contributor to the forum with 9100+ posts.

in real life Chris is apparently a very nice chap as most of us are :whistle: according to those that met him, I for one would have been the first to buy him a pint of his favourite tipple should we have crossed paths.
sadly for a lot of us life is way different away from the keyboard warrior one seems to be, it is really good news that Sir roger has informed us of, and I for one wish Chris and Jean all the best, as well as all the other forumites I never got to meet in person.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Ah Colin or more so Sir Chunky.
I know there are mobility difficulties but you and SWMBO are very welcome to join the Woosiefest afternoon evening.
The Black Bull Inn do B&B.We hope to hold the fest there as it is right next door to the site.
We are oop norf so hopefully not too far for you to travel. :)

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I met Chris in Cornwall must have been 6/7 years ago, we were both staying at Carnon Downs with our respective wives. I found him a very friendly funny chap, totally different to what I was expecting.
It would be good to hear from him again, ill lookout for him on CC
Kev

TRENDING THREADS