Lord Braykewynde

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Oct 28, 2006
Visit site
I found him a proper sound chap and there was a few other funny ones too.Euro springs to mind but if i remember rightly he met a sad end on a race track.As for LB i dont think arguementative is a fair description of the man,he had some points that he enjoyed putting across,it is a forum,people seem not to be able to tell the difference between a debate and a row which incidently neither of these seem to happen on here anymore.Some threads used to go for pages and pages,This forum has turned sadly more into a club than a place for open discussions.

Mar 13, 2007
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Ah Colin or more so Sir Chunky.
I know there are mobility difficulties but you and SWMBO are very welcome to join the Woosiefest afternoon evening.
The Black Bull Inn do B&B.We hope to hold the fest there as it is right next door to the site.
We are oop norf so hopefully not too far for you to travel. :)

thanks DD I will keep it in mind, I assume it will be in October'ish so there plenty of time you never know, I know the site well just behind the bull on the left hand side of the Pickering road out of malton.
things are a bit difficult just now her indoors is [as the Hospitals would put it] is stable and comfortable, except she is neither at the moment, and needs 24 hour care, she is supposed to start physiotherapy in 4 weeks so that should be fun :sick:.
I will keep looking at the woosie thread for developments, and post later as I don't want to side track this one.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
seth1 said:
I found him a proper sound chap and there was a few other funny ones too.Euro springs to mind but if i remember rightly he met a sad end on a race track.As for LB i dont think arguementative is a fair description of the man,he had some points that he enjoyed putting across,it is a forum,people seem not to be able to tell the difference between a debate and a row which incidently neither of these seem to happen on here anymore.Some threads used to go for pages and pages,This forum has turned sadly more into a club than a place for open discussions.

Lord B is a nice enough guy, and not really argumentative if everyone agreed with him :lol:
When he became involved in online arguments he was usually reacting to provocation, but the political stuff that he enjoyed has no place on this caravan forum so he moved to somewhere it is allowed which is fair enough.
I'm fairly sure that posts under the name of 'Euro', 'Shady Sadie' Sidmouth Sid etc; all stemmed from one person or family who are now permanently banned from this website, which they tried so hard to destroy before we had an effective ban mechanism with which to combat their trolling.
Some of the threads that 'went on for pages and pages' only did so on the older versions of this forum because moderators hadn't got any real moderator edit tools, and I've lost count of the hours that I wasted trying to persuade middle aged men who ought to have known better to be reasonably polite and friendly toward each other and to avoid submitting posts containing racism, sexism or homophobia, all of which are illegal in this country.
I don't bother or waste time on persuading trolls or spammers to desist now, I ban them immediately and for the most part they are gone before most forum users know anything about them.
I extend my grateful thanks to my small but select band of lookouts who warn me of problems if I've been elsewhere and missed something, they know who they are and they are fantastic :)
Both Damian and myself have had more than enough experience as moderators to differentiate between debates and arguments, and as a forum we broadly stick to our remit which is basically if you wouldn't expect to read about a topic in Practical Caravan Magazine you probably won't read about it here either.
We are extremely fortunate to have very supportive and effective backing from Digital Editor Lizzie Pope and all at Haymarket who trust our judgement as we try to make this forum a friendly, comfortable place to visit for anyone who owns or is interested in owning and using a touring caravan in the UK or the continent.

Mar 13, 2007
Visit site
Ear, Ear, well said Parksy, and very well put,
as an aside, I once offered LB the chance to contribute to the political forum I used to subscribe to years ago, [as we used to lock horns] from time to time,, he declined, shame really as I always wondered how he would fair against the heavyweights,

but none of that matters, it took Parksy and Damian a long time, to make the forum a better place to be, you had to accept it, or move on, most stayed but some left or were banned, and that's fair enough, rules are rules.

Seth says the forum is more like a club now, yes it is and better for it, but it is a club were everyone is welcome, even if you no longer use a caravan, or do not have one yet, even if you have a different view point from everyone else, a club is where like minded folk can converse and meet occasionally if they want to, at either the PC rally or the Woosiefest, nothing wrong in that.

alter ego's like LB are best left to history while the true enthusiasts carry on in pursuit of there hobby unmolested by constant side swiping, and banter unrelated to the hobby in general.

that's all from me for now, back to the wood shed to feed the ferrets, :lol: :lol: :lol:

Apr 9, 2006
Visit site
That's very good news. Well done for coming through this, Jean and our good wishes go to both of you.
We've missed your great sense of humour Lord Braykewynde and it would be nice to have you drop in to the forum now and again.

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
I personally think that Chris L.B. is nothing more the a brilliant wind up merchant he really knows how to set the bait. I do regularly chat on Facebook with him and hes just the same on there as he was on the Forum. I find him to be a sound fellow..

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
SirRogerFFS said:
I personally think personally that Chris L.B. is nothing more the a brilliant wind up merchant he really knows how to set the bait. I do regularly chat on Facebook with him and hes just the same on there as he was on the Forum. I find him to be a sound fellow..

With a name like that he would be. ;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts