Losing weight!

Page 4 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Some manufacturers after placing the individual limit to that particular caravan, bung lower load rated tyres on, presumably to save a bob or two!
Up-plate, check the tyres dont need replacing.
Oh hang on, have I just broken my self imposed silence.
Then just let me add one comment, too. Darren's suggestion would only work if the manufacturer has had the caravan type approved to the higher MTPLM. If he has, it's not an upplate at all because the statutory plate won't have changed.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I hope that increasing the MTPLM by the makers does not overload the tyres as if so the dealers in selling it could find themselves breaking the law.

Mar 29, 2021
Visit site
I hope that increasing the MTPLM by the makers does not overload the tyres as if so the dealers in selling it could find themselves breaking the law.
Some caravans that have been downplated in the past have been reported to have tyres to match the individual caravans MTPLM, this could be manufacturer or owner replacement fitment.
So according to the reports the owner of that individual caravan that has the manufacturers restriction lifted re MTPLM will need to replace the tyres to match the now higher Mtplm.

several people posted this on other forums a few years back.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Some caravans that have been downplated in the past have been reported to have tyres to match the individual caravans MTPLM, this could be manufacturer or owner replacement fitment.
So according to the reports the owner of that individual caravan that has the manufacturers restriction lifted re MTPLM will need to replace the tyres to match the now higher Mtplm.

several people posted this on other forums a few years back.
Our Caravan went from a MTPLM of 1925kg to 2000kg so an increase of 75kg. Over the 4 tyres this equates to about 19kg a tyre. The load rating for the tyres is 90 or 600kg. Therefore 600 x 4=2400kg so at 2000kg MTPLM we are well within the load rating of the tyres. I do not know the maximum axle load.

Reactions: DaveA1

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts