Low Park Wood CC Site Kendal

Aug 18, 2008
Visit site
Hi David

I stayed there last season. I personally didn't like the site.

I found that the site was poorly layed out. Dependant which pitch you have, toilet blocks can be quite a hike. The other thing is, most of the pitches are over hung by trees. I stayed for a week and the constant dripping from the branches drove me up the wall.

But as with all the CC sites the staff are very helpful, all the services are in a good working order and the toilet block are lovely and clean

Maybe i was just unlucky on my week.

Regards

Rich

MJC

May 24, 2006
Visit site
David

thsi is one of the best sites in the book. It is in the trees. Lots of lovely crooks and nannies with a few vans in each. Not all regimented.Maybe Rich likes regimented (badly laid out?) Lovely walks up the river. And its friendly. Kids are welcome but not in your face. I defy anyone to go to Low Park Wood and not feel relaxed after a day. Just sit outside your van and watch the day go by. We go from summer and autumn and each season is different-colours and everything. I love it. It's full quite often - because its good. Mandy

Mar 2, 2008
Visit site
David

SWMBO and I (plus pooch) spent a great week there last autumn. The site is close to Kendal which makes it easy to get to all areas of the Lake District.

Although both weekends were busy and had loads of families and kids about, it was a pretty quiet. During the week that was especially true and we had a very relaxed and peaceful time, with some lovely walks from the site.

Any downsides to LP Wood? Yes, a couple.

Firstly, the road to the site is narrow and meandering, so don't arrive before midday. I was leaving at 11:30 AM, only to meet an early arrival! I'm ashamed to say that I was not very complimetary, as I had to reverse the 'van (by myself - wife not with me) around a blind bend. However, manners got the better of me when the gentleman apologised and I had to wish him and his wife an enjoyable stay. I hope they accepted my well wishes and they don't think too badly of me!

Second point of issue is....the ground is B****Y HARD! I nearly had a siezure trying to get the awning pegs in!!!! Make sure yours are suitable and thet you have a sledgehammer or a steam press to get them in (only joking, I think!)

That said, they were the only issues we had all week and are bursting to get back there for a return match with a heavier mallet and sharper pegs.

I hope you enjoy your stay.

P.S There is a moble chippy that turns up on Wednesday tea time. Very reasonable and saved me cooking at least one meal.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
have to agree with Richard we did not like the site there are two toilet blocks depending where you are able to park there are some very steep hills to climb ,lots of trees like being in a wood some very nasty sticky ones that drop gum onto your van and awnings.the most level sites are down by the river, but these resemble a large carpark being all gravel.

Royston

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
Been quite a few times - it is a bit spread out with pitches laid out in small numbers in various glades - two recently refurbished toilet blocks - bit of a narrow lane down to the site - mostly hardstanding pitches but not at all regimented like some other CC sites - river runs next door with nice walks - usually fairly quiet but plenty of exploring for kids to do - handy for Windermere and South Lakes generally with good shopping in Kendal - only about 15 minutes from M6 junction - plenty to do in the near area

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi David

Im same as Richard, didn't care for the site, bit too gloomy with all the trees unless you get into a clearing. I also, and at least one other person I spoke to,had a problem with Ticks on my dog from the surrounding area. I removed 4-5 and one whilst sat outside the pub up the road. They are not a stranger to me as we go walking in Sheep country but numbers where excessive for the four days we where there.

Bri

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts