Lunar Venus

Jul 22, 2005
Visit site
Can any one help , we own a 1995 lunar venus , but i can't find any info onthis caravan , i.e. length , weight , payload etc. tried search engines but nothing comes up apart from 'venus in the solar eclipse near uranus' and other star related stuff.thanks. Nik

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
NIK, i have not heard of a lunar venus myself but i do know that the lunar solar range was used by many dealers as a base model for theire own special editions, maybee your van is one of these. have a look round the van and see if you can find a dealers name that should tell you who sold it or try to find out which solar it is based on, that way you could get the info from lunar themselves as the dealer specials are usually identical in wheight length and width as the original van. some body else on here may now of your model but its not one that springs readily to my mind. good luck.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Nik

I would advise going to a Lunar dealer and asking very nicely if they have back copies of the sales brochure for 1995. Most dealers keep at least one, so they can refer to it in future, i.e specification levels etc.

You should at least be able to copy it. Failing that write to Lunar caravans at Lostock Hall, near Preston.

Andrew

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Until a few months ago we had a 1997 Lunar Planet which, I think, was one of the same range of caravans as the Lunar Venus.

I think I kept the brochure which details the specs of all the caravans in the range but it will be in the loft. I'll get to it tomorrow and put the details in this post so please check back on this post in the next day or so.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi again, as I thought the Venus ws one of the 'Planet' range from Lunar. We bought a Planet Carina in 1997 and sold it just earlier this year - we were very happy with it and had many an enjoyable holiday in it. The Full 'Planet' range consisted of the Carina, Mercury, Chiron, Venus, Jupiter and Eclipse. I think the range was replaced in 2000 (certainly our Carina became the LX2000).

The Venus specification as shown in the Lunar brochure of 1997 is :

Internal Body length 4.98m / 16' 4"

Overall length 6.40m / 21'

Internal Body Width 2.03m / 6' 8"

Overall Width 2.16m / 7' 1"

Maximum Internal Height 1.90m / 6' 3"

Overall Height 2.64m / 8' 8"

Tyre Size 165 R 13 LS25C 6PLY

Coupling Height 41cm / 16"

Weight Ex-works +/- 3% 895kg / 17.6cwt

Caravan Allowable Payload 278kg / 5.5cwt

Maximum Laden Weight 1200kg / 23.7cwt

Awning - ground to ground 935cm

I hope this is useful - enjoy your Venus !

Sep 25, 2005
Visit site
We've just sold our Lunar venus after 11 wonderful years (and there was a few sad tears too to see her go!!) Lovely caravan and never a moments worry with her. However our new Lunar lexon EB is brilliant so I'm happy now!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We've just sold our Lunar venus after 11 wonderful years (and there was a few sad tears too to see her go!!) Lovely caravan and never a moments worry with her. However our new Lunar lexon EB is brilliant so I'm happy now!!!
thats nice we have just swapped our lunar jupiter for a new lunar frystar (525) quasar with a few extras,so we are looking sorward to a test nxt week

Jul 22, 2005
Visit site
Many thanks for your replies,i managed to find some things out. However , today , because we love the layout of our first caravan , we've just ordered the 2007 Quaser 615.If anyone ever has a venus, and the blown air heating turns cold, there is a reset button that i could tell you about! Thanks again. Any one got a Quaser 615 little tips that we should know, then please do. Nik

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts