MAJESTIC 390 CARAVAN PORCH AWNING

Di3

Jul 20, 2008
Visit site
Good Afternoon All

Has anybody else experienced a problem with the above awning? My husband and I were up very early this morning taking the awning down as it had collapsed onto the caravan. At the time it was a little windy but nothing out of the ordinary when you bear in mind we are on the coast!! Not like this afternoon where it is very blustery.

We are currently away staying just outside Weymouth, so decided to try out the new porch awning, so we could decide whether to take it on our two-week holiday in September or use the full awning.

Thursday it rained and two chairs inside got soaked and this morning the whole thing collapsed with one of the roof poles bent and one of the fibreglass poles split from one metal catch to the other.

Have contacted the seller and awaiting reply, but would like to know if anybody else has experienced problems.

We class ourselves are fairly experienced as have used different vans and awnings over the past 10 years and never experienced any problems. We have also walked around the site (400 caravan and tent pitches) and spoken to reception and nobody else has had a problem.

Look forward to your comments

Di & Andy

(In Sunny & breezy Weymouth)

Aug 2, 2007
Visit site
we have the same awning but the sun camp version, and had the same thing happen but our poor dog sleeps in the awning and normally the kids in a bedroom but this night we let them in the van as it was wild. My mum and dad have the 260?? (one less bay) and that is solid i think the 390 is too long for the poles in the wind, and mine leaks aswell. i will be changing mine for next year !!!

Aug 2, 2007
Visit site
we have the same awning but the sun camp version, and had the same thing happen but our poor dog sleeps in the awning and normally the kids in a bedroom but this night we let them in the van as it was wild. My mum and dad have the 260?? (one less bay) and that is solid i think the 390 is too long for the poles in the wind, and mine leaks aswell. i will be changing mine for next year !!!

Di3

Jul 20, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the info Daniel.

We also have a 260 but PACK make and as you say they are solid no problems. I have spoken to the seller who advised these awning should not be used if there is any wind!!! I have refuted that fact as can understand if gales but not just normal off shore breeze from the sea..... So we wait to see what they have to say!! Must admit all sumcamp on our site where fine, both 260 and 390.

Di

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
We have the sunncamp 390, just back from a 10 day rally on the very windy east coast with rain as well, no movement and no leaks

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
We have the sunncamp 390, just back from a 10 day rally on the very windy east coast with rain as well, no movement and no leaks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts