Man in a broken down British car on the A26 near to Calais.

Apr 30, 2006
Visit site
I remember reading on this site last year about a man who positions himself on the exit road of the first fuel station on the A26 about 20 miles south of Calais. He stands next to a very tired looking Nissan car and attempts to stop british motorists. Now he may be genuine but he was reported to be broken down at the same site last season and was spotted by me recently on Saturday 8th April and by fellow rallyers on the Thursday before. I suspect that there may be more to this than first meets the eye. BE WARNED.

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
Hi Alan,

This is a definite con! He was there when we went down to the Alps just after Christmas. We noticed him again on the way home a week later - this time he was at the last service station going north, just before Calais.

Jul 20, 2005
Visit site
If he's a fat bloke with an old Nissan Micra, then he's probably the same bloke I put a warning on this forum about last September. I think I also noted his regstration number. He was asking Brits for money for fuel that time. He's obviously still getting away with this and, of course, everyone he touches is on their way somewhere and hasn't time to report him! Someone should.

Jul 20, 2005
Visit site
Found the thread. He was a scotsman and his registration no was G146 TMY. My guess is that he lives or works in northern France. If anyone manages to challenge him, do let us all know what happened!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If he's a fat bloke with an old Nissan Micra, then he's probably the same bloke I put a warning on this forum about last September. I think I also noted his regstration number. He was asking Brits for money for fuel that time. He's obviously still getting away with this and, of course, everyone he touches is on their way somewhere and hasn't time to report him! Someone should.
Yeah....that's the same bloke I saw.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts