Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
Has anyone had dealings with Matchamotor? They ask for £89.99 and promise to sell your caravan. We have been contacted, have paid £89.99 and have had no buyers.

Keith

May 7, 2007
Visit site
Hi Keith,

Contact them and ask for your money back. If that fails go to your local Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) and ask them for advice, if you are unemployed they may put you intouch with a solicitor who will right a letter on your behalf, you could also take them to a small claims court.

Hope this helps

Graham (Ponty)

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I've just got in after a long day and I thought for a moment the title of the thread was 'matchmaker'. Must get some new glasses.

Lisa

Nov 11, 2007
Visit site
A few weeks ago I received a telephone call from this company. I had never heard of them before and was very wary about spending more money on selling my four berth caravan. I had spent over

Aug 25, 2006
Visit site
Are you being serious?

Of course its a con, one thats been around for many years in many guises.

If people have to give their money away I wish they`d give it to Cancer Research, Heart Reseach, Macmillain Nurses, anything but these crooks.

Nov 6, 2006
Visit site
Sorry, Claire, but I don't think you will see your money again. There have been a number of similar scams involving cars for sale so I don't think it will be any different for caravans.

Most folk can be trusted but there are definitely people out there who cannot be - the trouble is identifying one from the other.

I do hope you get a refund.

Mar 3, 2008
Visit site
Match A Motor kept ringing me about my car that was for sale in early Dec 07 because they got my number out of a local paper that I had advertised in. They assured me they could sell my car and that they already had customers interested in my area.

In the end I negotiated a

Mar 11, 2008
Visit site
To all those people who have entered a contract with MATCH A MOTOR IN NETHER POPPLETON YORK, IF YOU ARE WITHING 7 DAYS OF AGREEING THE CONTRACT, I SUGGEST YOU CANCEL IT STRAIGHT AWAY.

In July 2007 I fell for the smooth talking salesman from Match a Motor paid them the

Apr 1, 2008
Visit site
If its any consolation I fell foul of these people 2 weeks after having a Heart attack. Not one person came round to see my unit so I took legal advice and have taken them through the small claims court on line and its very easy I'll help anyone who needs it but they've probably done a runner by now. They have not even entered a defense to the court and the court has found in my favour plus now have accepted to issue a warrant so if anyone is in the York area *** round and see if they are still in business

Apr 1, 2008
Visit site
Hi again all of you

Serfing through tonight after adding my comments I find a company called EASY MOTOR MATCH with a web page called easymotormatch.com which seems to be advertising the same deals at the same prices with the same promises as Match A Motor so be warned. cannot prove it but to me be suspicious and keep your money in your bank not send it in their direction , so unless they'll actually give names and addresses of prospective clients I would say don't trust them sorry if I'm wrong but at least my concience is clear but I think I'll let my local Police Fraud squad and Citizens Advice in on the deal after all if they've nothing to hide then np problem

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
Hi David,sorry to hear about your illness hope your on the road to recovery..can you give me an address for this company and will call that way after work tomorrow..

Apr 1, 2008
Visit site
Gary

Thanks I hope that the Trading standards will also be round there soon as my warrant has been isued:-

Regency House

Westminster Place

York business Park

Nether Poppleton

York

YO26 6RW

Please don't put yourself out as justice, I hope, will be done but I don't want anyone else to lose any money with this company or any other as possible the other company might be the same as another one also rang on the same scale, Motorhelp UK, but I asked my bank to refund the credit card which they did.

The answer is don't do it in the first place to be safe, if it's too good to be true then it's not good so don't do it but also if you are caught out start proceedings through the on line court system and it does work for you and if enough do it the Trading Standards will also take them on as they are doing in my case

Mar 23, 2008
Visit site
If you have paid the fee by credit card is it possible to get your money back through the credit card provider in the same way that you can get money refunded for faulty goods or abandoned holidays when the supplier or tour company does a runner?

Gary

Thanks I hope that the Trading standards will also be round there soon as my warrant has been isued:-

Regency House

Westminster Place

York business Park

Nether Poppleton

York

YO26 6RW

Please don't put yourself out as justice, I hope, will be done but I don't want anyone else to lose any money with this company or any other as possible the other company might be the same as another one also rang on the same scale, Motorhelp UK, but I asked my bank to refund the credit card which they did.

The answer is don't do it in the first place to be safe, if it's too good to be true then it's not good so don't do it but also if you are caught out start proceedings through the on line court system and it does work for you and if enough do it the Trading Standards will also take them on as they are doing in my case
Hi All - I too am having problems with 'Match a Motor' - they phoned my husband saying they could sell his motorbike for him and had people waiting who wanted that particular bike bla bla bla ... they said it was

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts