Mattress topper

Oct 20, 2022
Visit site
We have a island bed and thinking of getting a mattress topper,duvalay I think there called,would it be ok as the bed slides in and out for day and night mode

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
Duvalay are a very expensive option.
Wewent for a memory foam double topper off ebay (its only about an inch thick, but makes a huge difference) I cut it to fit the curved bottom of the caravan bed (Bailey Phoenix with a slide in/out bed) with a bread knife used like a saw with very little pressure.
We found we needed a mattress protector on top of the topper to hold it onto the mattress.
We were amazed at how much more comfortable it makes the bee.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Our topper that we used on a single bottom bunk was only 25mm thick and like above it made a significant improvement to the comfort of the bottom bunk, such that if required even I could sleep comfortably on it.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
We had specially made memory mattress for our side bed, then Mrs H found it bad for her back, so we went for just a memory topper, then eventually settled for a Dunelm pocket topper about £30,
Stays on the bed nicely.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
The biggest issue with a topper is that if the bed is normally pushed back during the day, it looks very untidy or you need to leave the bed pulled out. We bought a better quality mattress from Jonic.

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
The biggest issue with a topper is that if the bed is normally pushed back during the day, it looks very untidy or you need to leave the bed pulled out. We bought a better quality mattress from Jonic.
I disagree
We leave our bed made up all the time, when it's pushed back the topper just bends to conform to the shape of the mattress (dont forget its under the sheet so has little choice in the matter)
The duvet is folded and all looks neat and tidy. There is always the option of shutting the door of course.,

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I disagree
We leave our bed made up all the time, when it's pushed back the topper just bends to conform to the shape of the mattress (dont forget its under the sheet so has little choice in the matter)
The duvet is folded and all looks neat and tidy. There is always the option of shutting the door of course.,
OH says it looks untidy so who am I to argue?

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
How can it look untidy when it's under a sheet and a duvet??. Just asking for clarification.
Our island bed mattress folds over at the top and a topper rides on top of it as it cannot bend under the fold hence it looks untidy. Topper now resides in the cupboard at home. Simpler just to buy a decent mattress as a topper does not hide the bumps etc of the mattress underneath.

Sep 16, 2018
Visit site
We have a 10cm topper bought off amazon for £30, not expecting much for that price we were surprised at its comfort. It also folds with the bed and is very lightweight

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
Each to his own but we use two 5cm Single Duvalay Toppers. Our bed has to be taken down each day and its just a few minutes to put the toppers in the bags and store them in the awning.

TRENDING THREADS