Maxview Roam X and EE Network issues connecting

Aug 5, 2023
Visit site
No folks

Do any if you fine peeps, have any experience with the Maxview Roam X and EE Network not working?

When we first picked up the caravan (holiday in Oct) I inserted my iPad Sim Card in, which was on a Smart SIM with Unlimited Data

Went through all the settings and updated it to my password and changed the 2.4 and 5 name and password, everything was running well., and family all connected.

Then a few days ago I called up EE and had our mobiles and my iPad Sim upgraded to the Full Works tariff, giving us Apple One as a benefit (good deal having EE Broadband)

Roll on tonight, we are now having a short break in Dunbar and having major issues with the Roam X, I did exactly the same as last time and still it won’t connect

I don’t think it would be the upgrade creating issues, but I just don’t know what else which is stopping internet connection

Has anyone else had this issues? I have also done a factory reset, and this still hasn’t worked :(

IMG_1892.png
IMG_1893.png

Aug 5, 2023
Visit site
Plugged the SIM card back into my iPad and seeing around 65mbps, so we’re definitely getting signal.

I also looked at the bottom of the Maxview Roam X Box and can see the ‘Signal strength‘ led lights are not on, the photo looks like they are but its only the green shining through from the 3G and 4G on the left. Nit sure why this is because we are getting signal.

IMG_0853.jpeg

Aug 5, 2023
Visit site
You may need to set the APN settings in the router to to EE network
APN is called 'everywhere' the username is 'eesecure'

Thanks Alan,

Just before I reset the Router, I did notice for some strange reason the APN was looking at Virginmobile.co.uk (something like that)

Aug 5, 2023
Visit site
Ok finally managed it, thanks for steering me in the correct direction :)

For future ref - First on iPad: go to Mobile Data then add settings under APN section
APN - everywhere
Username - eesecure
Password - secure

Then I placed the SIM back into the router, waited a few minutes and everything was restored, and now have 4 bars signal strength.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts