Mayotte Vacances

Feb 11, 2008
Visit site
HELP- indecision rules regarding our holiday destination- we like the look of Landes and are considering going to Mayotte Vacances near Biscarosse in August. I know that it will be busy but I've just been looking at some blog photo's on their website and it looks livlier than we would choose as a family. We like busy days and relaxing enjoyable evenings and after last years holiday when the disco kept us awake til the early hours we would like to have a bit more info about the night life and the size of the site.

Thank you for any advice.

RW

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Rachael, I have stayed at the site twice in high season, the last time about 5 years ago. We never found it noisy and after 11pm or so it is was quiet. The entertainment complex is outside the main camping area and people were about until gone midnight but no noise.

We had great times, our daughter was 8 and really enjoyed the lake beach. We had evenings out at both Mimizan and Biscarosse plages where there was a good family atmosphere.

Ray

Feb 11, 2008
Visit site
Rachael, I have stayed at the site twice in high season, the last time about 5 years ago. We never found it noisy and after 11pm or so it is was quiet. The entertainment complex is outside the main camping area and people were about until gone midnight but no noise.

We had great times, our daughter was 8 and really enjoyed the lake beach. We had evenings out at both Mimizan and Biscarosse plages where there was a good family atmosphere.

Ray
Ray

Thanks for the feedback, is the site close to a town/village?

Cheers Rachael

Jan 7, 2007
Visit site
Hi, we had a walk around this site in august last year as we are planning to holiday in this area this summer. To be honest we didnt like it much, seem to remember there was no proper touring area, your just put in amongst the static vans and the site itself didnt seem very welcoming or appealing to us, we have chosen to stay at La Rive instead on a fully serviced pitch in august foe 15 nights. This site loked very nice with its own beach on the lake. Hope this is some help to you,

Darren

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
darren, the site must have changed greatly in the last 5 years as it was predominantly tourers when I was there last. As I rememeber it there was the approach road with reception and bar area and to the left were statics and to the right at least a hundred tourer pitches.

Rachael, The nearest towns are small such as Sanguinet and Biscarosse. The nearest big town is Archachon.

To be honest I would travel a bit further south to Lac Leon where there is a very good site called Le Col Vert which is great for a euro family holiday.

Ray

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
darren, the site must have changed greatly in the last 5 years as it was predominantly tourers when I was there last. As I rememeber it there was the approach road with reception and bar area and to the left were statics and to the right at least a hundred tourer pitches.

Rachael, The nearest towns are small such as Sanguinet and Biscarosse. The nearest big town is Archachon.

To be honest I would travel a bit further south to Lac Leon where there is a very good site called Le Col Vert which is great for a euro family holiday.

Ray
rachael, www.colvert.com

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
Weve stayed at La rive. Whilst there we went and had a look to see what it was like? Glad we stayed at La rive it just seems a nicer site, it has a good road access.

Feb 11, 2008
Visit site
Weve stayed at La rive. Whilst there we went and had a look to see what it was like? Glad we stayed at La rive it just seems a nicer site, it has a good road access.
Thanks for all the very useful advice- think that we'll go with the popular choice of La Rive. The Lac de Leon site looks a tempting alternative- a good reserve or maybe another year.

Thanks again all

Rachael

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts