Me and my big mouth!

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I just want to take the opportunity to apologise for any and all offensive remarks that I may have made.It was never my intention to cause offense to anyone.Thankfully any further discord has been preempted by the removal of the subversive posts.Thank you MODS!!!

Saved by the bell!!

Thursdays Child

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I don't know what you're referring to but can you answer the question please.

'Sage never came home'

What does that mean?

Thanls

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Hi Lisa,the situation was this.We lived in a large house which had a private drive that was a quarter of a mile long.Our nearest neighbours were even further away than that.House was surrounded on all sides by dykes and fields.There was no through road past the house and grounds.Sarge had free rein to wander the grounds and

orchards.He was NEVER off the property and spent most of the time helping me with the goats and chickens.At the end of the drive was a large building plot that was sometimes temporarily occupied.One evening after his dinner he went out in the garden and when we went to call him in he wasn't there.The gate was closed.The rest as they say is history.He was tattooed.The 2 dogs I have now do not have the same amount of room to move about in but then they are only as big as Sarges head.He died at home one Boxing Day when his big heart gave way.I still miss him everyday.he was my shadow and guardian.We buried him in the orchard where he loved to be.

Thursdays Child

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
thursday, ma bonnie wee lass, ye have enough on yer mind thinking about mondays' events. dont for one minute offer apologies to anyone for what you have said, no matter what it was.

this is the big world wide internet and most of these folks ye will never even get to know, so stop worrying about how they took it and how they feel, your posts have always came across as friendly, warm and welcoming to me, and most others im sure as well. theres always going to be conflict along the line in forums,no matter what context ye mean the post to be, there will be some others who have a dig. you get yersel settled and have a lovely weekend ahead of monday, and dont give a monkeys to what others reply with curt replies to you, you are way above that lass, it shows clearly with yer care and consideration of others, so, time out here, a wee bit consideration for yersel. well deserved, take care and all the best for next week :)

x

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for the clarification Thursdays Child.

LB, yes you are perfectly correct in your post, there was no need for me to ask the question really because I already knew what had happened. Thanks for that. Oh, and by the way, whilst we appear to be corresponding, nice to see you still like to mention my name on that hideous other place.

And take Machighlander's advice as he's been upset on here too recently.

Regards

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site

come on lass, rise above it.
Well, you seem to be goading LB on and agreeing with said person that I have said I am 'an expert' on numerous subjects.

It's actually quite unusual to see any posts made by him in which he appears to like the human race.

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Well, you seem to be goading LB on and agreeing with said person that I have said I am 'an expert' on numerous subjects.

It's actually quite unusual to see any posts made by him in which he appears to like the human race.
i said that lordy was very sharp, how does that mean i was goading on some replies from others ?, witticism is a natural thing lass, and at times ye can judge a persons level of wit by their replies, im sticking to my guns here, he's very sharp, ye need to stop taking things personally, lordy is witty and sharp with everyone, me included.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the clarification Thursdays Child.

LB, yes you are perfectly correct in your post, there was no need for me to ask the question really because I already knew what had happened. Thanks for that. Oh, and by the way, whilst we appear to be corresponding, nice to see you still like to mention my name on that hideous other place.

Regards
"nice to see you still like to mention my name on that hideous other place".

I take it you mean where I asked for your membership to be reinstated after being banned and my comment that I didn't expect you to last long before you were banned again as what happened.

What I didn't post was that I must have been having a brainstorm when I asked for your ban to be lifted. See, even if you're perfect I'm not, I make mistakes. :O)

Heh! heh! heh! ;0)

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
"nice to see you still like to mention my name on that hideous other place".

I take it you mean where I asked for your membership to be reinstated after being banned and my comment that I didn't expect you to last long before you were banned again as what happened.

What I didn't post was that I must have been having a brainstorm when I asked for your ban to be lifted. See, even if you're perfect I'm not, I make mistakes. :O)

Heh! heh! heh! ;0)
heh! heh! heh! You'd take a load of crap being spouted about your dogs then would you? Are you honestly telling me that you would sit back and say NOTHING when something as spiteful and childish was written about your beloved dogs? Come on you know you'd do everything in your power to try and get those comments removed even if it meant you getting banned for it.

anyway, you've been banned yourself from that hideous place in the past.

I'm sending you an email now. (Providing you haven't changed your email address).

Lisa

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Thursday Child your post was offensive to an specific segment of a population including myself and I hope I put the record straight however you have had the grace to apologise which I accept, but I would not have held it against you anyway and my reply would have been restricted to that post.

I hope that you did look up the reference I gave you but if you want to discuss it off line, I am happy to do so and will not hold anything against you as it will hopefully be an educational debate and nothing more but it will give you the true perspective.

The way I look at it, it is as if we ae in a bar having a discussion and some one says something that you feel is incorrect and you tell them and give them the reason. You then debate the reasons, things may get a bit heated but eventually you move on but are still friends.

After all every one is entitled to their opinions whether or not you like them.

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
The way I look at it, it is as if we ae in a bar having a discussion and some one says something that you feel is incorrect and you tell them and give them the reason. You then debate the reasons, things may get a bit heated but eventually you move on but are still friends.

sound like nice pubs ye visit buddy.

dont think that would happen in some of the dives up here :)

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
We don't do dives' and as you should know the English are far more sophisticated than the Scots which is why we are tolerated world wide. :)

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
We don't do dives' and as you should know the English are far more sophisticated than the Scots which is why we are tolerated world wide. :)

yeah, we know that up here my friend, afer all we are nieghbours. but i wonder how the south africans will welcome the engerlish culture of the bulldog brigade drinking in their bars when good old engerland are put out of the competition ( as usual). then the street brawls escalate, its brilliant how the national news teams cover this, they open the report with saying " british fans run amock again". wow, when they go out there they are england, not britain, so why slate the scots, irish and welsh and label them the same.

happens all the time. a bit like andy murray is now the number one british tennis player, only because tim has reired, he also got a hard time from the fleet street boys.

anyway, on a different tangent there, yes, you are correct, you are well known all over the world, in what capacity, i can't answer :)

cheers.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Are you aware that the police in South Africa have a policy to shoot to kill. These were the instructions of the police commissioner. Saves the taxpayer a fortune. If you don't believe me google it.

Not only that if the police can handle some of the big riots that they have had in past over there, football fans rioting will be chicken feed.

It will have to a very stupid fan to step out of line and then get slung in jail in SA. You do not want to go to jail in SA for any reason!

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Quote Mac ..."when good old engerland are put out of the competition ( as usual)".

Sounds a bit of sour grapes (surprise,surprise :O)

but at least we get there. As they say, it's the taking part not winning ... heh! heh! heh!

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi MacH

I will never understand the incessant Scottish hatred for anything English, particularly football?

Yet against all the principles two of my friends are Jocks from Glasgow who've been down South for over 25 years. We must be doing something right. Neither of them are Gordy or big Tone.

Cheers

Dustydog

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Dustydog,

Re: "Hi MacH

I will never understand the incessant Scottish hatred for anything English, particularly football?"

I don't know whether MacH was posting tongue in cheek and just a bit of banter - only he can answer that - but from my own personal point of few, shared by many others from up here we definitely don't have any hatred for anything English. A bit of banter and wind up -yes but hatred no!

As Machighlander posted we do sometimes get a little paranoid when anything good out of Scotland is labelled British while English is definitely English. That's down more to how it is presented on t.v. and in newspapers than to individual citizens.

Having said that I need to be honest and admit that, same as any other country, we do have our share of bigots but I would like to believe they are very much in the minority

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
hey lordy, two things here :

1. keep back fae the photoshop site and stop defacing oor landmarks.

2. learn tae resize yer pics, how long ye been in here ?

apart from that, gid yin :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts