Medium/long term stays in Spain -- gas

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
For those considering medium long term stays in spain, try to get a Spanish gas bottle from either CEPSA or REPSOL to save significant money on gas.
Today I have changed my 12.5 litre Cepsa for a full one for just less than 14 euros or between 11 and 12 GBP. Compare this with price of 2 x Calorite refills.
The old bottle served for 130 nights and was used for gas hob and waterheater and a couple of off grid nights for heating.
You may have to show passport or other ID to get one and give a local address. Your pitch number plus campsite name omitting the word 'Camping' will usually suffice, or local markets or car boots are a good source.
You will need a suitable connector or combination regulator/ connector, readily obtainable at ferriteria / ironmonger// hardware store.

I must stress that you should only do this if you are competent to make and check the necessary connections. The money saved is not worth an explosion.

May 21, 2016
Visit site
I was talking to a few of my mates only the other day who regulary go to spain for long visits. Is it easy enough to get the adaptor and a length of hose and just change the complete piece.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts