Hi, all

has any one any information on using so called Memory Foam. Several reports are all positive, but my 'Van has make up beds, and I am concerned about how much room a double size piece would occupy when not in use. The Swift Challenger I have Makes up into virtually a King Size Double at the Front. If I use the Foam I intend there to be a Single Sheet of it, thereby avoiding a Centre join. The reason I am cosidering this is that on recent trips away my Wife has suffered Back Pain caused by the joints in the seat cushions. I would also like information on whether using this type of Foam would sort this Problem.

Regards Eddie from Nottingham

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Eddie,we use a double memory foam on our fixed bed now and on our previous 2 berth, it is very good for back pain etc it is quite firm and very warm to sleep on as it reflects body heat,I dont know what it will be like in a hot climate. We bought ours from C.P.S. they advertise in all the club mags,best of luck,Denis.

Hi, Denis,

thanks for your comments, after I had Posted the Request for help I looked on the Web Site Of Raskelf. These claim to be the first to use this in Caravans. They are actually holding a Stand at The National Motorhome Show in Peterborough. As I Intend to go there, it will be a good oportunity to see the Product first. As you say I am also concerned about the Thermal Efficiency as we normally go to Spain for several Weeks.

Regards Eddie 1 From Nottingham

Mar 23, 2006
Visit site
Hi,

I have bought a double bed size memory foam for our caravan. I've put it inside a double quilt cover and use this as the sheet, this saves you having to try and tuck sheets round the cushons etc. In the morning you just roll it up and pop it in the cupboard, quick and easy! Haven't tried it abroad yet, but as we are going to be spending about 9 months in Europe next year I am hoping it will be all right!!

Regards Julie

Apr 7, 2006
Visit site
Hi

I use a 2inch thick memory foam topper on my bed at home and in the van,i have arthritis in my back and hip and it has been a god send,i bought it on ebay a lot less expensive than i have seen advertised,i haven't found that i get hot with it either.

I also cover mine with duvet cover by far the easyest way.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts