MERCEDES 220 CDI ESTATE

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
My wife has had one for 9 months now and its is a superb car. We dont use it to tow with however, But it drives solo exceptionally well. A very capable and comfortable car.. Quite expernsive service costs..

Tony

Jan 12, 2007
Visit site
Mark,

My previous car was a C-180 Sport but had a test drive in both the 220, 200 and 180 before deciding. Initially my preference was for the 220 diesel as this would be better for towing but found the diesel too noisy compared to other Merc diesels and opted for the C 180 Sport Estate - as there was little difference in towing capactity.

C-Class estate was a good towcar and very good to drive so suspect the 220 will be equally as good if not better for towing being a diesel.

One thing to be aware of if you opt for the Sport trim is that due to the shape of the rear bumper this will need to be cut for most detachable towbars. Additionally the body kit prevents the fitting of mudguards to reduce spray on tye front of the van. An alternative is to get the Sport package added to Elegence or Avantgarge which creates a similar look but without the AMG body kit and a softer ride over the sports suspension.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts