Merley Court - size of pitches

Oct 27, 2005
Visit site
Phoned to book this site today and all the multi service pitches were taken, so was happy to take a serviced pitch. Then the lady started asking about the size of the van which is a twin axle, and won't let us book a grass pitch as it won't be big enough. Has said that we can book a hardstanding, which we didn't really want to do. Last year was our first year in the van and we didn't have any problems like this. Are the pitches there small? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks Denise

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Denise, at a guess I would say the grass pitches are 9mx9m or so. Go to www.merley-court.co.uk and the interactive pictures show the pitches in detail.

Apr 18, 2005
Visit site
Hi Denise, we stopped at Merley Court many years ago and thought then it was good. Since then we have experienced many sites. So when we were in the area a couple of years ago we had another look at MC in the height of summer.

I cannot comment on the actual pitch size but I got the impression as I drove around the site that the vans did appear to be a bit close together.

Alan

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Denise,

No the sites aren,t small at all,been there several times.you will find that the new owners of Merley Court are pretty strict about spacing beetween caravans they do keep to health and safety rules.Incidently the site is now owned by the Shorefield group(Milford-on- Sea)Excellent site give it a try you won,t be diappointed.Plenty of places to see and children are safe there.Jim

Oct 27, 2005
Visit site
Jim, we have booked, but have had to have a hardstanding, which might not be such a bad thing as it will only be the end of march and still could be wet!!! Do you know the pitches there , we are on 144 which is at the bottom of the site, hopefully it will be ok. It is always a gamble when you book somewhere that you have never been too. Thanks for your help. Denise

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Denise,

Very pleased you have got in at Merley you won't regret it as far as the site number(144)is concerned I'm not that familar with that side of it,what I do know is that the bulk of the hard standing sites are on the left hand side of the site,so that you will get the sun on your site most of the day which is what we need.Its a very well cared for site,you'll have no worries at all.Enjoy your holiday,(you will).Jim

Oct 27, 2005
Visit site
Thankyou Jim for you comments. I am looking forward to the trip now. I worry because we are travelling from Cornwall with three young children and the last thing you need is to turn up somewhere and be disappointed. Thanks again. Denise

Apr 2, 2005
Visit site
Thankyou Jim for you comments. I am looking forward to the trip now. I worry because we are travelling from Cornwall with three young children and the last thing you need is to turn up somewhere and be disappointed. Thanks again. Denise
Hi denise dont worry you will love merley court we are spending our third year on one of our summer holidays there me and my misses love poole and the sandbanks which isnt far away if you go on a website called www.local.live.com ive tried this its microsoft answer to google earth you can get a birds eye view of merly court the picture was taken when it wasnt that busy so should give you some idea enjoy dunk

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts