Misuse of CLs question

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Prof John L said:
The Act does not bind the minister to only select membership organisations.
As I stated in my post "the organisations permitted to issue exemption certificates for 5-van sites are nearly all "member only" organisations"

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
This is the answer from the CC to my query about CL abuse;

Thank you for your email which has been forwarded to me here in the CL department. We do make it very clear to our CL owners that they must not admit non members on to their CLs. We always ask them to take a membership number and contact details when taking a booking and to check all the details on members’ arrival. If owners have any doubt they can always telephone the Club and ask us to check a membership. This protects them from potentially losing their certificate.

Clearly, we cannot “police” more than 2,500 sites the whole time and, unfortunately, some owners do step outside from what we require of them. We therefore rely on our members to be the eyes and ears of the Club, alongside our Field Officers and CL Advisors. Sites are closed because rules have been breached. We regularly send out Newsletters to our owners reminding them of the Site set-up and the rules and when we find there is abuse of these rules we deal with them accordingly, resulting in the fact that some sites may lose their certificates and therefore their livelihood.

In our Spring Newsletter we will once again be reminding CL owners to check membership details.

TRENDING THREADS