Moderator Ref Name changes

May 4, 2005
Visit site
How is it possible for someone to change their name at will on this Forum. So far the posts from Kanga have changed from Kanga to Neo to KANGA!!to The Grim Reaper!! and also to CliveV.

How can another users name be duplicated?

This site MUST be sorted out!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I agree - but it is only a problem when these silly children want attention.

The Modies have said that they will sort it out but the same engine drives all the other Forums in the group and they have no problem!

You have to ask youself the question why are we so popular with the NEEDY LITTLE NERDS!

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
As far as I know, most forums allow users to change their nicknames at will. It is assumed that genuine users would not abuse that facility or have any reason to do so.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Brian its quite easy to do if you have the tools and this site is one of the easiest to crack. All it takes is a script kiddie with time on his hands to write the programme. On the MSN site I had tools to do it, a Multiple Nic Generator. I also had an Unban programme but only used that a few time when banned by a certain Moderator who from yesterday is no more because of her abuse of the tools shes provided with by Microsoft. There was also a flood tool where you could post repetitively until you crashed the room, only trouble was the perpetrator was the only one left in there so it was easy for the Zone Police to know who it was. There was a Clone Tool too but it wasnt exact enough. I also knew how to talk in the Lobby, where all the chat is, and do it under someone elses nic and that was hilarious. You would get comments like " Hey I never said that, get out everyone theres hackers in the room, HACKERS EVERYONE ALL OUT". lmaaoooooo. Next thing you would see about 50 leave sharpish. There was no harm in it, it was just the prankster coming out of me. If you was sat playing you could post words for your opponents like "why did you play that card for you chithead", then sit back and watch them argue heheheh! Gawd there was many a time I almost piddled myself :O( At the moment Microsoft have got it all sown up and the little script kiddies cant crack it but with this site being the most basic they would have a field day. Hotmail, MSN, and Yahoo email addies are 1000 a penny so if Kanga wants to be bothered all he does is create a new addy. I'm sure if Haymarket Towers banned anyones ISP they wouldnt be able to access the site. Thats what MSN does and anyone must be desperate if they want to change servers just so they could get back in.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Brian its quite easy to do if you have the tools and this site is one of the easiest to crack. All it takes is a script kiddie with time on his hands to write the programme. On the MSN site I had tools to do it, a Multiple Nic Generator. I also had an Unban programme but only used that a few time when banned by a certain Moderator who from yesterday is no more because of her abuse of the tools shes provided with by Microsoft. There was also a flood tool where you could post repetitively until you crashed the room, only trouble was the perpetrator was the only one left in there so it was easy for the Zone Police to know who it was. There was a Clone Tool too but it wasnt exact enough. I also knew how to talk in the Lobby, where all the chat is, and do it under someone elses nic and that was hilarious. You would get comments like " Hey I never said that, get out everyone theres hackers in the room, HACKERS EVERYONE ALL OUT". lmaaoooooo. Next thing you would see about 50 leave sharpish. There was no harm in it, it was just the prankster coming out of me. If you was sat playing you could post words for your opponents like "why did you play that card for you chithead", then sit back and watch them argue heheheh! Gawd there was many a time I almost piddled myself :O( At the moment Microsoft have got it all sown up and the little script kiddies cant crack it but with this site being the most basic they would have a field day. Hotmail, MSN, and Yahoo email addies are 1000 a penny so if Kanga wants to be bothered all he does is create a new addy. I'm sure if Haymarket Towers banned anyones ISP they wouldnt be able to access the site. Thats what MSN does and anyone must be desperate if they want to change servers just so they could get back in.
I meant ISP address, sorry.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
LB

I have to say that I think less of you for having admitted to playing the silly games that Kanga plays albeit on another Forum.

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Surely the name on the header isn't as important as the what's said by the correspondent . I remember when we first found this forum last year and my wife was accused of being Kanga.

Monkeys husband

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Yes - I remember that.

As the Moddies say - if we all act as adults and are happy with who we are - there should be no problem.

Its only when the immature are let loose that problems arrise.

Trouble is - even if you ignore the individual - they just pop up under another name.

Until the site is properly sorted I think we just have to tackle head on. Certainly from the "dummy spat" out bile that Kanga was issuing last night we managed to hit home and let him know what we thought.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I would agree with you to a certain extent M.H. Content should be what it's all about, unfortunately due to one or two people who use the site for their own amusement and to hell with the rules, spoil it for everyone else. If you know the "contributor" isn't real you may as well be taking to a brick wall for all the good it will do you. This site is quieter without Kanga, some would argue too quite, but I would trade that any day for an honest direct answer from someone I believe to be a real person. That's why newcomers can be tarred with the same brush and perhaps accused of something they are not guilty of; suspicion can be an ugly thing. For that reason alone Kanga and his existing multi personalities need weeding out.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
... at least I'm being honest Clive and it was done amongst friends without malice, there was no attacking or back biting like there is on this forum. If you noticed last night I just played along with Kanga, I didnt argue with him like yourself, that is his oxygen. Perhaps you haven't noticed but it is you who they keep having a go at - why? - because they know that their posts get under your skin and they will get a response from you asap. We do have hiders/attackers in the Zone but they normally target one person, just like Kanga is doing. I have never flooded the room to crash it because that serves no purpose although I could get the tool to do it. After 9 years in the Zone I think I have got a pretty good idea how to deal with people who act out of the norm and dont forget, the Zone has people of all nationalities, not just Brits who are caravanners. When Kanga comes back Clive, which I'm sure he will, just chill and try NOT responding or maybe play along with him, it will work wonders for your blood pressure mate ;O)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sorry - I just do not see the need to be anyone other than who you are.

When we ignorred Kanga - he just came back under several other names. We were left wondering if the caravan population was made up of a large proportion of people with odd views and fould mouths.

Then the inevitable slip up - and we all realised what he was doing - and he got banned.

Maybe I shouldn't respond but my outlook on life is not very PC at all - when someone foulmouths you, you slap them down hard!

I read an interesting report the other day about a group of Australian FireFighters over here to train on some new equipment I think. They were staggerred at what our Rescue Services have to put up with. Bottles Bricks & stones thrown at them - often on fictitious call outs.

Asked if they had the same trouble in Australia - they said "No - we would beat the cr*p out of them".

With the Father of a mugging victim saying we should all carry weapons because those that are "PC" have tied up real policing in knots - I am fed up with people saying ignore it - or as you say LB - don't let you Blood Pressure get to high.

Well that Fathers son did not have any problems with high blood pressure after he was mugged - his was all over the pavement.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I'm sorry L.B. I didn't know it was you; I only use Hairluss_Beava as a nic late at night. If I had known it was you I could have passed it on to Colin, who I am sure would have treated you fairly and discreetly. It does explain why you we didn't see you back on the zone for some time, thank god for the National Health I say. Still goes to show, you never know who you are speaking to on the zone, especially hairy ar**d ex squadies.

Oh and I love you too.

If you're quick you might just make it to the bathroom......

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I'm sorry L.B. I didn't know it was you; I only use Hairluss_Beava as a nic late at night. If I had known it was you I could have passed it on to Colin, who I am sure would have treated you fairly and discreetly. It does explain why you we didn't see you back on the zone for some time, thank god for the National Health I say. Still goes to show, you never know who you are speaking to on the zone, especially hairy ar**d ex squadies.

Oh and I love you too.

heheheheh!

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
Oh deary me, looking at the postings in Events it looks like we sustained an evening assault from the "Kangerites" but it looks like our big guns where rolled out they where swiftly dispatched.

Any casualties?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Morning all - most damage inflicted was me being called an "old codger"

Trouble is - HE IS RIGHT!!!!

Grey hair - a bit overweight - looking forward to retirement - but never wanting to stop work because I enjoy it (does that make sense?) and a mind as sharp as ever with the benefit of years of experience to run rings round a Kangerite!!

So no real damage - but Kanga needs a new dummy!

LMAOOOOOOO!

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site

Oh and I love you too.

Hmmmmm guessed my last post wouldn't get past His Moddyship lmaaaooooooooo only trouble is Lol it makes your post meaningless :O(

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site

Oh and I love you too.

That and the fact that Hairluss_Beava is now public (had to be carefull of the spelling there) knowledge!

Mar 21, 2005
Visit site
Hmmmmm guessed my last post wouldn't get past His Moddyship lmaaaooooooooo only trouble is Lol it makes your post meaningless :O(
LB

If I'm right about the post you are talking about, it did make a brief appearance. In fact, I was sure that we had been "infiltrated" by the dumb*ss again as it sure as heck didn't sound like your normal posts - much more saucy than usual.

It was you wasn't it ??!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts