Mondeo Annoying Rattle

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Hi.Hope someone can help with this problem.

I have a 06 Reg.Mondeo 2.2 TDCI and had heavy duty springs fitted in August.I found it a much more stable tow so im pleased i had them fitted.

However,approx.6 weeks ago,an annoying rattle has started at the rear of the car.It seems to be coming from the nearside rear.

A mechanic friend of mine has put it on his ramps and done a thorough check of everything including suspension,shocks,the new springs,exhaust system,brakes,bushes etc...

We just cant seem to pinpoint it.

Im just wondering if the garage who fitted the springs may have dropped something down somewhere and its causing this rattle.

Has anyone else experienced this or have any advice please?

ctj

Feb 16, 2008
Visit site
Hi there are 2 main things that rattle on the rear of the mondeo 1st is the subframe bushes and also esp as youve had youre springs changed it is prob youre drop link if you check out www.fmoc.co.uk you will find loads of info on these

carl

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Hi Adrian.

I had a bad rattle in my 2001 mondeo estate.It turned out that the anti roll link bar had gone.Had it changed and it sounds as good as new.The only rattle now is when my wife gets in the car.

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Ha Ha.Not a lot you can do about the second annoying rattle gareth.

I rang the garage today who fitted the heavy duty springs and they have agreed to have a look at it tomorrow and see if it is the drop link that is faulty.

They said that its possible that it hasnt been tightened correctly,or broken during the fitting of new springs.

Either way,they said that if it is a fault due to their previous work,the cost to me will be minimal.

Will keep you updated incase anyone else has the same problems.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts