MONDEO ST

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
Hi GuysI'll post this in towing as well not sure what percentage is greater. LOLMy son has a Mondeo ST he has been told he cannot have a tow bar ( because of the bumper) fitted to pull a van.Has anyone had one of these cars or know someone who has.... and did they manage to tow with it.Thanks

Nov 15, 2005
Visit site
Smiley,
My understanding is if its a petrol ST ie the ST220 then this is not suitable for towing if it is the diesel ST TDCi then I have towed with this car and it was an excellent towcar, plenty of power and torque. Low profile tyres aren't great but never caused me any problems
Regards

Richard

Jun 11, 2005
Visit site
I do not doubt that the standard Mondeo tow bar would fit as it is a standard Mondeo floorpan but I believe that it would be ILLEGAL to tow with it as you will find that the VIN plate does not give allowable tow weights & it is not Type Approved to tow.

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Hi
I towed with a Mondeo ST tdci a few years a go but when I read the Ford hand book which stated all ST mondels are not suitable I contacted the Ford dealer and Ford tech and the they confirmed that only the ST 220 is not suitable but the tdci models are. I had a witter towbar fitted by towequipe if the car was not suitable for towing witter would not make the towbar.
I hope this is some help
Chris

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts