Mondeo Zetec TDCi 130 Hatch

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi all, Having run a very thirsty 2.2 petrol vectra for the last 5 years, I have just bought a fairly new Mondeo. I have to admit that I felt very pleased with myself upon filling up to see that the range on a full tank was indicated at 580 miles. The car is excellent to drive and I hope that I should get a return of nearly 30 to the gallon when towing a laden caravan of 1250 KGs. Am I being realistic and is this car as good as first seems? I promise not to cry if you have to be brutally honest! Happy new Year George T.

Dec 7, 2005
Visit site
George, You should'nt have any problems towing 1250kg with your Mondeo and it should be well capable of achieving 30mpg. I tow 1300kg with a 2.2tdci hatch and get around 28 - 32 mpg. The car really is as good as it seems, I have to ease off going up hill and you'll find the 130bhp is just bas good.

Cheers

Mike

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Yes, the 130BHP Mondeo engine is incredibly strong, and renowned for being a gentle drinker. My Rover 75 diesel estate today managed 140 miles on 1/4 of a tank, equating to around 32mpg, which I am delighted with. I think the high winds made me drive a bit slower, which made a huge difference - normal economy is less than 25mpg. In all other respects too, the Mondeo makes a fantastic solo and towcar.

Cheers

James

Aug 15, 2006
Visit site
George,

I have towed a fairly heavy 4 berth, and carried a big family, with a variety of Mondeos and I think they're great. A 2.0 petrol was good to drive but not as powerful as the diesels. The 2.0 TDCi is terrific but the later 2.2 is fabulous. It never loses power even on an uphill, and I was getting 44mpg solo (even driving like a boy racer) and about 25 towing. The estates also have self-levelling suspension.

I'm sure you have made a smart choice.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
George,

I have towed a fairly heavy 4 berth, and carried a big family, with a variety of Mondeos and I think they're great. A 2.0 petrol was good to drive but not as powerful as the diesels. The 2.0 TDCi is terrific but the later 2.2 is fabulous. It never loses power even on an uphill, and I was getting 44mpg solo (even driving like a boy racer) and about 25 towing. The estates also have self-levelling suspension.

I'm sure you have made a smart choice.
How about a 2ltr 130 Mondeo with a 1400kg van

thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts