Monkey Tree Holiday Park Cornwall Open All Year???

Jun 25, 2008
Visit site
Mandy the site closed 26 Sept. probably re-opens around 1 Mar. 09.
Hi Mandy

I Booked 2 weeks there in August, Paid for "private bathroom" WHAT A JOKE!!! I may aswell have gone to the local town's public toilet. Say no more!!

DO NOT STAY THERE!

It is a Filthy, poorly kept Hovell. (My opinion of course)

In my view if you want to stay in a commercial park go to Hendra, Its just around the corner but the sites are "Miles apart"!!! in terms of quality.

I therefore quickly packed up after obtaining a refund for the 5 nights I suffered and relaxed fir the remainder of our holiday in the exquiset tranquill Treamble Valley CC site.

Heaven!!

Jon

Jun 25, 2008
Visit site
02:02 PM Hi Mandy

I Booked 2 weeks there in August, Paid for "private bathroom" WHAT A JOKE!!! I may aswell have gone to the local town's public toilet. Say no more!!

DO NOT STAY THERE!

It is a Filthy, poorly kept Hovell. (My opinion of course)

In my view if you want to stay in a commercial park go to Hendra, Its just around the corner but the sites are "Miles apart"!!! in terms of quality.

I therefore quickly packed up after obtaining a refund for the 5 nights I suffered and relaxed fir the remainder of our holiday in the exquiset tranquill Treamble Valley CC site.

Heaven!!

Jon

May 29, 2006
Visit site
Thanks Jon I definately would agree with you! We drove there for a look around as we have been disappointed before. What a shame because it could be a lovely site if money was invested they told us that ninety percent of the campsite would be closed over xmas/winter period as they needed to sort out alot of areas and they weren't making any money through the winter anyway. I am not surprised it was terrible the luxury pitch that I intended to stay on was behind the shower block it was meant to be screened on three sides it was but only with very short fencing and it was right opposite another pitch so no privacy at all. It was about

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
hi when we went down to cornwall a couple of years ago our mission was to find a nice site for next time.

the best one by far was carnon downs site, huge pitches well spaced out, top quality facilities, easy access, play area, play field, bus stop outside. im sure its open all year.

check out the reviews on www.ukcampsite.co.uk

good luck

jo-anne

Apr 23, 2005
Visit site
Mandy,

Just to chuck my fourpen'oth in ....

Merrose Farm near St Mawes.

But only if you like to walk a bit and enjoy mainly traffic and people free (for Cornwall at least) roads and beaches.

5th consecutive year coming up in 2009.....

Not sure about being a winter venue though as our van is tucked up nearly as cosy as we like things in winter.

Happy holiday,

Jul 4, 2005
Visit site
I would suggest Godrevy Park CC site. We live in Cornwall and spend as much time there as possible. It's close to the beach (Gwithian)you have Hayle and St Ives just round the corner and the site is immaculate.

TRENDING THREADS