Motor Homes Spoil the view?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I know this will probably upset a lot of people, and I sincerely do not mean to, but I looked out from our caravan window a couple of days ago at a really lovely view, shared with other caravans (all pretty standard in height) when a huge motorhome pulled in, parked across the front of three of us caravans in a row, up went the sat/TV dish, and we couldn't see a thing!! (He had a wonderful view ...) Would it be worth considering splitting caravans and motorhomes apart on sites due to the height of some of these vehicles? Only a thought....

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I agree with you that there are some totally thoughtless prople around - and not only motor home owners. Presumably the spot chosen by this particular motorhome was a place where a caravan could have parked without spoiling the view? If so then I agree there should be some agreement about such high vehicles, if, however, a caravan would have had the same affect of spoiling the view then it may just be bad site layout.

Either way, it sounds as though it needs some looking into - did you complain to the site wardens or owners?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I know exactly how you felt as this happened to us in Spain .Not only did the UK bus/motor home take away the view but they went out for the day and left two whining dogs inside the edifice.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Oh, Oh, Mike. This thread is getting very emotional. Since when are TV watchers any less 'normal' than other people? Turning the argument around one could also say that those who go to the pub instead of watching TV don't need a good view either because they're not sitting inside their caravan. At the same time, might as well put dog owners in the second row too, because they can enjoy the view while taking the dog for a walk. No, I get Frances's point about large motor homes and even Richard's thoughts about segregating caravans and tents (which is done on many campsites anyway) but to distinguish any further would be going over the top a bit. What bugs me far more are motor homes based on vans with sliding doors. Every time someone gets in and out there's a big bang, very disturbing when they happen to need to go to the loo in the middle of the night.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Reminds me of the time we went to the Gower many years ago and found a great site on a hill with a fabulous view of the bay. We were the only van in a large field so we were able to get perfectly positioned to enjoy the view but as the site was steep it took about an hour to get everything leveled. When we had eventually got it just right we walked down to the village for groceries and when we returned we had been joined by a second van. With the whole field to choose from they had put their van right infront of ours and almost completely blocked our view. I am not an antisocial person but my first instinct when we arrive on site is to look for the biggest empty space to pitch in. It gives us a bit of breathing space and reduces any annoyance our dogs might cause but some people seem to have this herd instinct and will come and pitch right by you when there are acres of empty space. VERY ANNOYING!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts