Motor mover recommendations

Page 4 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
I would check the terms of the contract oof sale to be sure. Using independent contractors is a simple way for firms to avoid fitting errors.
For those able, a good case to DIY this job, do it "properly" , to ones' own requirements and standards, not tempered by expediency.
The risks of the product having issues not covered by the CRA is IMO quite low, and most solutions, where not, of modest costs.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
For those able, a good case to DIY this job, do it "properly" , to ones' own requirements and standards, not tempered by expediency.
The risks of the product having issues not covered by the CRA is IMO quite low, and most solutions, where not, of modest costs.
That is true however if there is an issue, one of the first things asked is who fitted the unit and then the game of ping pong starts.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
That is true however if there is an issue, one of the first things asked is who fitted the unit and then the game of ping pong starts.
This is not something that I have ever experienced. If an item is faulty then that is clear, if it is caused by a DIY botch, it is also clear.

I have never been asked “who fitted something”, whatever the item.

John

Reactions: JTQ and otherclive

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
As I said IMO with the main stream brands we have, the risks are low, this technology is well sorted and far from complex.

I have not encountered any interrogation on the claims I have made where things have had a fault, not that I have much history of buying faulty kit.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
As I said IMO with the main stream brands we have, the risks are low, this technology is well sorted and far from complex.

I have not encountered any interrogation on the claims I have made where things have had a fault, not that I have much history of buying faulty kit.
You bought a caravan? :ROFLMAO:

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
This is not something that I have ever experienced. If an item is faulty then that is clear, if it is caused by a DIY botch, it is also clear.

I have never been asked “who fitted something”, whatever the item.

John
Powrtouch when contacted within the warranty period only wanted to know the serial number and approx date fitted. Their approved Mobile AWS engineer attended and actually swapped both motor units for new. Absolutely first class service . No ping pong with Powrtouch🤪

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
When both my motor gaiters started to show signs of cracking I contacted Powrtouch and they sent me a free replacement set, like Dusty they just asked for serial number and it was registered with them from new.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts