Motor Mover

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Having visited Homestead Caravans, I was interested in the new Mover they are promoting, looks very well engineered, has anybody purcahsed one yet are they as good as they say?

Regards

Carlton.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
There is a comprehensive report in this months caravan club magazine - they seem to compare favourably and seem very well engineered - so much so that I am even thinking about buying

them as opposed to the more common ones. The cost too is brilliant

Oct 7, 2008
Visit site
I was one of the first few people to buy one of these movers and got a free cordless drill included. Came well boxed. I found the instructions easy to follow and fitted the whole thing myself over a weekend. Took that long as everytime I went to do some work the heavens opened and I was doing the work on my drive. To help with room I put the jockeywheel in the middle of my spare wheel and wound it up so the back was almost touching the ground. Wound the rear stedies down a touch to act as a safety stop and chocked the wheels. Managed to find some bits lying around to support the motors and cross member to prevent her indoors getting soaked when mounting them to the chassis.

I did have a problem after fitting in that one of the motors didn't work due to a faulty control board. I phoned Homestaed and was asked to return the faulty item which I did on next day delivery and received the new control board the day after.

Since then there has been no further issues and we are very pleased with it. I sometimes have to give the van a help over kerbs due to the rollers slipping but thats just becasue I can't be bothered winding them more onto the tyres. I would reccomend using a drill with the adapter to wind the rollers on as the mechanism is quite low geared and would take a fair bit of winding to do it manually.

G

I noticed a lot of Dutch caravanners this year with movers where they wound the rollers on using a cordless drill. They seemed to move their vans quite easily. I could not see the make but possibly the same one.

May 2, 2005
Visit site
Just fitted the E-go to my caravan. Easy to fit and clear instructions...but the wiring instructions are wrong in the book......ammendment on the Homestead site.

Slight problem I have with the mover is that I keep getting a low voltage warning when I run both motors together....and that is off the tyres.. Possibly the battery....still investigating. Going to try another battery.

If that doesn't work, I will contact Homestead.

One of the things I really like is that the rollers are supported at the outside edge.....unlike the Truma S and above (wonder why they need it on the base model).....so this should reduce pressure on the inner bearing when on the tyre(s).

There's more on this item here......

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/chatter/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=20&TopicID=187305&PagePosition=1
Cheers......David

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts