Mr Moderator

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
This confession of Kanga concerns me. How are we now going to know if we are waisting are time giving advice to any new users that join the forum...surely there must be something that can be done to stop this abuse...I would of thought it was in the interest of PC to get this forum working properly, after all it is their reputation that is on the line...We have all been made a fool of as far as I am concerned by Kanga and his alias...

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
Hi All

How about an amnesty so any genuine forum people can ask for 'double identities' to be erased without any fear of persecution or repercussion from the almighty mod (and mod 2)

Or, and this might sound radical but worth a thought, as the caravan season is essentially over (not-withstanding that some of you caravan in winter) how about removing the forum during the Autumn early Winter so the techies can implement a controllable log on system. If possible a reopening date could be published on a home page, say for example 1st January (My birthday by the way) Then we could start afresh.

As the forum stands it seems to me that we will forever be looking over our shoulders and accusing each other of being someone else and I see little can be done at present to control the infantile element.

Mar 21, 2005
Visit site
Just because many caravanners don't actually use their van during the winter, it doesn't mean that they won't want to use the forum. Indeed, they might find that talking to others who share their interest helps pass the time until they can physically enjoy their hobby again.

As is sadly becoming the norm in this country, the minority rule the majority and to close the forum will serve no purpose except to spoil something that genuine users, on the whole, enjoy.

My suggestion is to ignore the schizophrenic members of the forum - easy to do, they stand out like a sore thumb.!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I agree with Jane, just because someone isn't in the van over the winter period, it doesn't mean they don't think or plan for the next year. I see no technical reason why it needs a long "downtime" to change the way this forum operates. That is exactly what is needed though, a change to the way the forum operates, otherwise we will continue to suspect the worse in members. Until that can be facilitated, as Jane says, ignore the unsavoury, and if you feel you must comment, type "no comment" or words to that effect, the message will find its home.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Once again I find myself agreeing 100% withy Lol

Until the techies manage to make it foolproof (or idiotproof) and this Forum becomes imune from the sillyness by each of us having a unique id - we will all be suspicious of contentious postings.

Mind you, Jane is correct as well - they DO stand out like a sore thumb.

But think of the poor innocent newcommer that purely by chance mimics one of our "band of children". How would they feel to be ignored or "set upon" !!

Not a very warm welcome.

And one TOTALLY at odds to the welcome I have received by caravanners on site!!

Not an image PC would want to encourage I would imagine.

Oct 13, 2005
Visit site
Please dont close the forum over the winter, I have been a vanner for nearly 3 weeks now and want to use the winter to pick the brains of all the experts whilst they are stuck at home :)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Please dont close the forum over the winter, I have been a vanner for nearly 3 weeks now and want to use the winter to pick the brains of all the experts whilst they are stuck at home :)
Richard, for starters, have a look at the Caravan Club website. There is a 36 page down loadable guide "Getting Started - A beginner's guide to caravanning" which should answer many questions for you.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Welcome Richard - I doubt that it will close - unless it is for those needed upgrades. I am sure you will get a great deal of help and ideas.

The great thing about such a Forum is that we have all had the same or similar problems. Why re-invent the wheel when all that experience is available.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts