MRO Help please

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
I was looking though the hand book and found this

"Allowances for essential equipment is now contained within the MRO of the caravan, as per NCC Code of the Practice (CoP) 304. This includes the following:

LPG 1 x cylinder = 10kg

The MRO is calculated with the fresh water tank empty (where tted).

*Weights are typical gures and are dependant on speci cation.

The leisure battery is considered to be included in the personal effects and an allowance of 20kg has been made for this. Items fitted at the point of manufacturer (hook- up cable, plastic steps, waste containers, etc.) are included within the vehicle MRO."

So my understanding from thistle Pro includes 20kg for battery. The hook up cable , plastic steps but this is where I lose the plot a bit it says waste containers etc what do they mean by waste containers i.e. is that a bin or water waste and what is the etc does anyone know what the list of things are as i think (waste containers etc ) is to vague.

any help please as it will make what i put in the caravan and what i put in the car

thank for looking Mark

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
MRO has NO significance. At the end of the day it is MTPLM that matters and owners should verify that they have not exceeded the MTPLM by weighing their loaded caravan. That's what the authorities will do when they do roadside checks. :(

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
yes but I have to start some were and know what is included in the MRO will help me work out what to put in the Caravan and what to put in the car.
I have to know how much the MRO is to work out the pay load so that i have half a chance of getting it right befor I Think about getting it weighed to make sure I am below the MTPLM or do you all just keep going back to the weigh bridge.

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
thank you Woodentop It does and doesn't
as it is saying that in does not include the battery but Swift Caravan Hand book is saying it is include
("The leisure battery is considered to be included in the personal effects and an allowance of 20kg has been made for this.") on page 15 confused which is it in or out ????

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
All the comments will point towards the legal position but be of little help as we all have different ideas on what to load. Why not just load the essentials for a short break, covering gas, really basic food and clothes etc and get it weighed. You will then have will then a datum to work from. Don't forget that the hot water boiler will contain 10/15 Kg of water if not drained. Local council will give you nearest public weighbridge.

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
I live just a round the corner from the ministry testing station and when I asked them if they can weigh boat
They told me that the weighbridge at the ministry testing station is not calibrated hard to believe i know

The only public weighbridge near me is not all that easy to get to as the volume of traffic very bad all day
so may ask the scrap yard if they will do it for me

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
With the best will in the world the MRO is just a guesstimate and in reality can vary quite a bit, As Woodentoppoints out teh critical figure is the MTPLM which must not be exceeded.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts