My 2011 Swift leaking bucket

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Where does it end !
Last year at the first service of my 2011 conqueror 645 i was informed that the van had 40% damp at floor level, this was repaired under warranty and the skirts removed and resealed. and i thought that the job was done, finished and sorted once and for all
Today i have just had the van's second year service and yes you have guessed it 50% damp at floor level. i cannot believe it, I know it will be repaired under warranty, and i also know there are issues with 2011 Swifts. I think it's time for serious consideration regarding trading this leaking bucket in for a decent caravan, one without a bird logo.

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
how dreadful for you - I think I'd be writing a 'stiffly worded letter' to Swift, and getting rid. I thought we were unlucky, having a small strip of 20% damp below our bathroom window in our 2004 Avondale, but yours is terrible. Get writing.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Presumably your service team are using a damp meter to tell you there is 50% moisture at floor level, but the meter will not tell you or them where the dampness is coming from.
Are you 100% sure this moisture is not condensation that is running down the walls?
Condensation, its source and where it accumulates can be a very sneaky individual to diagnose.

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Gafferbill said:
Presumably your service team are using a damp meter to tell you there is 50% moisture at floor level, but the meter will not tell you or them where the dampness is coming from.
Are you 100% sure this moisture is not condensation that is running down the walls?
Condensation, its source and where it accumulates can be a very sneaky individual to diagnose.
Absolutley certain it is damp, and the dealer knows where it is comming from, as it is a known Swift fault, swift have accepted the repair, and now i supose i will have to get in the queue to have the work done

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm also a victim of swift build quality. 2011 Challenger 570 with damp readings of up to 40% in three areas :- near side front window, battery box and kitchen window. Discovered at first service and repaired under warranty. Hope I don't get damp readings this year.
ive bought a damp checker so I can monitor the van but not checked yet.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
On another forum, ther is a long thread about damp Swift caravans. There was also mention that it was being discussed on the Swift forum by some unhappy owners.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts