My van has disappeared!

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
After years of being adamantly against my son has decided to become a member of the caravaning community
He has loved his camping but was to upgrade to a trailer tent....until I persuaded him not to go down that road.
So I went with him this afternoon to a local site and gave him the instructions and let him do it all...........gee took forever!!
Just away for the weekend but he has also booked a week in Cornwall for August.
At least now its getting used, it hasn't moved since last September what with one thing and another.
But I have managed to book a five nighter in Somerset for the 19th July..........................if the van comes back in one piece :giggle:

PS: Hutch I washed it for him before he went.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Bloody Hell Kev, you are brave, I am sure he will take great care of the old girl,
I borrowed a caravan from Father in Laws mate, for a week.
When I brought it back and parked it away, at the back of his long driveway, without him being there, he said , "who helped you push it there ?" "Nobody I reversed it there". Oh in that case you can use it anytime.
Enjoy your 5 days away, Inspecting the van.

Reactions: Gagakev
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Bloody Hell Kev, you are brave, I am sure he will take great care of the old girl,
I borrowed a caravan from Father in Laws mate, for a week.
When I brought it back and parked it away, at the back of his long driveway, without him being there, he said , "who helped you push it there ?" "Nobody I reversed it there". Oh in that case you can use it anytime.
Enjoy your 5 days away, Inspecting the van.
The inspection will be tomorrow when he returns it :giggle:

And yes 5 days will seem like heaven.

• Haha
Reactions: Hutch
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
The inspection will be tomorrow when he returns it :giggle:

And yes 5 days will seem like heaven.
We sited our Lunar caravan for my brother who was visiting from SA and cost of repair was close to £300! Never gain!

To dry some washing they pulled out the drawer above the heater and hung washing on it to dry. The contained heat melted the drawer. Luckily it never caught fire.

• Sad
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
All back in one piece, all went well and enjoyed themselves.
Hes back one night in the week to hoover and wash the van.
Then we are to take it out before his next outing for reversing lesson. He nearly got it in the drive at his first ever attempt, then as traffic was building he asked if I would take over.
We dont use the mover as I live on a hill and dont trust the mover to hold it, and certainly dont fancy chasing the van down the hill !!!

Reactions: Hutch
Aug 12, 2023
Visit site
All back in one piece, all went well and enjoyed themselves.
Hes back one night in the week to hoover and wash the van.
Then we are to take it out before his next outing for reversing lesson. He nearly got it in the drive at his first ever attempt, then as traffic was building he asked if I would take over.
We dont use the mover as I live on a hill and dont trust the mover to hold it, and certainly dont fancy chasing the van down the hill !!!
The MM should hold it on any hill, just make sure tire pressure is correct and clearance between drive wheel and tire is correct eg 20mm. While I was gaining trust in it, secured it to balcony post with heavy rope. The other option is move few inches, chock then repeat.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
The MM should hold it on any hill, just make sure tire pressure is correct and clearance between drive wheel and tire is correct eg 20mm. While I was gaining trust in it, secured it to balcony post with heavy rope. The other option is move few inches, chock then repeat.
Thanks Trevor, I dont need to use it to put it on the drive, but useful to know for the son if he doesn't master it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts