NEC - Caravan Show

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
We're looking forward to our 1st time at the show on the Saturday with the family, going to be a busy busy day i expect !
Is anyone else going this week ?

Aug 12, 2007
Visit site
I wish!
smiley-cry.gif
Love going there, have been every year for the past few years (to both the Spring and Autumn ones some years). This is the first time we haven't been for ages. Have a lovely time, Jem.

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
No not this time; they have priced themselves out of the market this year for us where it would be a non purchase targeted day out.

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
Hello Jem,
We,re going on Saturday,and taking the van down to the Birmingham area to make a weekend of it.Its the second time we,ve been to the show.It gets really busy so get there early.
Hope you have a nice day
Cheers Richard
smiley-smile.gif
smiley-smile.gif

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi to you all out there. Yes we will be there on Thursday,we are staying at the C&CC site at Kingsbury Water Park.It was a toss-up between there and the CC site at Chapel Lane. We stayed at Kingsbury for the 2008 NEC. It is a really nice site albeit close to the M42 and M6 Toll it's between the two in the V.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
We are going and staying in the "temporary site" aka the car park. Going Friday to Sunday. Did the same last year and loved it. Burger van , marquee and everything!
smiley-wink.gif

mel

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sorry, not for me, doesn't appeal at all, paticularly if I was in the market for a new van and had to pay to view!!

To everyone going, have a great time.

Lisa

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
At £20 a head I think it has now moved into the "rip off" bracket and her is no seating around the venue if you get tired from walking! Do you pay as much to go to a car show?

Aug 12, 2007
Visit site
There's plenty of seating outside the main arenas, you can go out, have a sit down and break from the crowds, then go back in again, we've done that many a time. Yes, £19.95 (on the door price) is a bit much, but it's obviously quite a bit cheaper to buy them in advance, and we've been fortunate in not actually having to buy tickets quite often in the past. The best thing for me about the show is being able to see pretty much all caravans from all manufacturers, all under the one roof at the same time and without having to traipse around numerous dealerships (nice though that is!). If you're in the market for a new van, then it's an ideal place to see them all. You don't have to buy one there, you could just decide on the van you want and then approach your local dealer away from the show to see what they can offer you and what kind of a deal you can get. That's exactly what we did.

May 7, 2007
Visit site
Hi Jem,

We went yesterday, had a great day out but was a little disapointed with a few things. The show didn't seem to be as big as last years show, The accessories hall was disapointing half the size again of last years and also the awning hall again half the size of last years. We bought a few bits and bobs while there but not to much. One of the things I wanted for example was a Gaslow auto change over valve, at the show it was priced at £58, on the internet I found it for £43, a saving of £15, so it pays to shop around don't think because it's a caravan show things are going to be cheaper THEY'RE NOT. We probably spent more on food there than buying things needed and luckily had free tickets saving £40 on the door prices.

All in all a good day, fell in love with the new Swift Challenger 570, very nice caravan, and also a fifth wheel unit costing £50,000, what a unit that was. Met our Editor Nigel Donnally, on the Practicle Caravan stand, and that was it. Arrived at the show at 10:15am left at 3:30pm, last year we arrived at 10am and left at 5:30 without seeing everything at last years show.

May 22, 2008
Visit site
hi, we went on Wednesday and had a lovely day out. It was nice as we went without the kids, what a weird feeling it was, god bless nursery and grandma's. We were on the market for a new van and had a an idea of which layout we were after and did purchase a Swift Charisma 565 from North Staffs vans. It was good because we would see all the vans on the market including dealer specials and get in and have a look. Swift had a number of dealerships so it was very good to be able to buy off our local dealer, as otherwise we wouldn't have bought at the show. We did look at one van from a dealer in Leeds but the distance put us off, although the part ex price for ours was amazing. I think that going during the week you'll get to see more vans, the show was smaller that last time we went 2 yrs ago and we booked in advance for a cheaper price, as said previously it's a lot of money to just see a lot of vans and a few awnings and some side stalls.
Have a good day out.

Mar 11, 2007
Visit site
We went yesterday and did the unthinkable...Ordered a Motorhome, got a good PX on current caravan and towcar. Still worried if we have done the right thing.
Biggest concern is not having a car to tour local area when pitched up, don't intend to pack up and stow everthing away for a quick run out. I will maybe pull a small car behind...Have I therefore gained anything?

PS just looked at The Prac' Motorhome forum...What a waste of time that was...Very few postings.
Brum
smiley-undecided.gif

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
Just got back from as the traders were calling it "super Saturday" it was our first time and it was very busy but managed to get awning ground sheet, matress topper and extendable hose pipe brush all for extremely competitve prices.

Loads on offer loads to see and do and plenty of freebies! Will be going back next time

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Hi Everyone
We went today .......... very disappointed !!!!
The show seemed alot more compact than the previous two years. We have always enjoyed going and bought our caravan there 2 years ago. Usually we would have a full day out and get home at 6pm, today we left at 1.30pm.
The only bonus was getting to meet Nigel on the Practical Caravan stand .........lol
Sam

Sep 6, 2009
Visit site
We went on Sat. Must admit it didn't seen to be the cattle market (over busy) of previous years, we managed to get around nearly every thing we wanted to see.(worried as dragon wont shut up about a static she'd seen)

The door price was steep - but having said that, it could have been worse, they could have charged for parking as well, adding another tenner(ish) on top

Was it me though, or did a lot of the on hand sales staff not seem bothered, I think I'd only been in a few vans where the sales staff were very enthusiastic and willing to answer questions.

Ticket price aside, we enjoyed it though

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
We thouroughly enjoyed the show , as it was our 1st time we had a rough idea what to expect .

Loved looking in the new vans , does get quite crowded when lots in there plus backpacks etc !! we loved the 6 berth with the fixed bed - Swift Sportstyle at Lowdhams
smiley-smile.gif

I was dissapointed with the accessories , i thought there would be lots of stalls giving you good ideas that saves money ?? giving demnostrations ??? Plus the Towsure stand seemed so jam packed , you could hardly move !

All in all , i was glad we went !

One thing i wished i had done was sign up for Practical Caravan subscription ......having 2 boys with me , they needed the toilet at that moment . Never got the chance to walk back to the stand

Sep 22, 2009
Visit site
Hi
We too went to the show. It was our first time. We really enjoyed it, however my youngest came with us (2.5 yrs) and he was hard work.
We still though managed to order the new 655/6 Coachman Amara from WandaHome from Ferrybridge, Yorkshire, they were really good. We part exchanged our Pastiche which is only 6 months old but we have been having a few problems, long story.
I too thought there would have been more demonstrations etc. Would go again. Its good to see all models under one roof. However we enjoyed the lawns too.

Lisa

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts