Never say never.

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I know both pubs, We stayed at The Red brick barn, for a few days before Trevor upgraded the site.
If your in The Farmers arms on Saturday, we are the couple with two dogs a black one and a small fawn rat.
It would be nice to put a face to a name.
Hutch.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
I know both pubs, We stayed at The Red brick barn, for a few days before Trevor upgraded the site.
If your in The Farmers arms on Saturday, we are the couple with two dogs a black one and a small fawn rat.
Hutch.
Can't miss us as we have three Yorkies and I am the big fat bloke! LOL!

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Buckman said:
EH52ARH said:
Hutch.
Can't miss us as we have three Yorkies and I am the big fat bloke! LOL!

Hopefully see you there. :p

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hoomer said:
I can clearly remember barely getting £1/€1 well before Brexit was even a gleam in anyone’s eye..

And I can recall getting about 1$ to the £ back in the mid 80's when I worked abroad, and my family left in Devon were paying mortgage rates around 15-16% That's life, and I've learnt to just accept that things change sometimes for the good, sometimes for the not so good, and to plan around the possibilities.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
otherclive said:
camel said:
OC, There's a site called Hill Top at Thrussington which is north of Leicester just off the A46 and will take you about fifteen minutes to get to Glenfield, also two pubs in the village, :)

Camel
Thanks I suspect that the van will be shortly heading to this area for an indeterminate period. I will check the site out.

We have found a site High Meadows Farm at Barrow on Soar, similar area to the one you suggested. Strangely enough we had looked at High Meadows earlier this year as a base for the Autumn half term trip to combine trips out and visits to relatives. Gets some good reviews and so we have a week booked from tomorrow. Owner said that given circumstances he’s flexible on exact arrangements. £20 inc EHU so cheaper than driving up and down each day.

Nov 29, 2017
Visit site
Great site, great pubs and very friendly welcome in both, hope FIL improves, hes in an excellent hospital, as for the car get it done, at least it might give him some security in it being done and will make him feel better.
I live in an adjoining village, the whole area is really nice and also some lovely walks

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
camel said:
OC, we will be neighbours when is the caravan warming, the drinks are on you, :(
Camel
We plan to arrive sometime pm, then into the Glenfield for a visit as I’ve missed today. So should be free evening time onwards.
You’ll spot the “rig” and the two Springers too. Cheers

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Buckman , sorry missed The Saturday, at The Farmers Arms , but most late afternoons we will be in aThe Plume of Feathers. :p at The Turbles all this week.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
Buckman , sorry missed The Saturday, at The Farmers Arms , but most late afternoons we will be in aThe Plume of Feathers. :p at The Turbles all this week.

We used to frequent the Plume when we lived in Malvern and it was just down the road. We normally go for lunch and the Plume, but lunch at the Plume was never very good even though we knew the manager quite well. Since new management we have been thinking of popping in to see if anything has changed, but have not had the opportunity yet.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Buckman said:
EH52ARH said:

We used to frequent the Plume when we lived in Malvern and it was just down the road. We normally go for lunch and the Plume, but lunch at the Plume was never very good even though we knew the manager quite well. Since new management we have been thinking of popping in to see if anything has changed, but have not had the opportunity yet.

Moving to No Topic Thread,
Hutch.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
AlexandriaUK said:
Great site, great pubs and very friendly welcome in both, hope FIL improves, hes in an excellent hospital, as for the car get it done, at least it might give him some security in it being done and will make him feel better.
I live in an adjoining village, the whole area is really nice and also some lovely walks

Totally agree with your comments on High Meadows. It is superb and the facilities are equally the match for Club sites, without all of the notices either. Been here since Saturday and amazed that we have pitched up on the grass(large) area and sharing it with one caravan and a camper. There’s one Swift Basecamp on the hard standing. I thought it would be far busier but don’t tell anyone about this gem and the views across to the Coplow and Charnwood Forest are ace.

Mar 21, 2007
sites.google.com
I am older than you but when the day comes as it must to all of us that I cant manage the overseas trips I will get rid of the van, it was the reason I took up caravanning in the first place nearly 40 years ago and the thought of swapping what we have now for overcrowded overpriced sites in the UK fills me with horror. I am however considering looking at a seasonal pitch probably in France about a days run from the coast if it will extend our time abroad. For the moment we are ok and off to Croatia soon for 6 weeks and have booked next years Bilbao ferry already so not ready to pack in yet.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
anotherDavid said:
I am older than you but when the day comes as it must to all of us that I cant manage the overseas trips I will get rid of the van, it was the reason I took up caravanning in the first place nearly 40 years ago and the thought of swapping what we have now for overcrowded overpriced sites in the UK fills me with horror. I am however considering looking at a seasonal pitch probably in France about a days run from the coast if it will extend our time abroad. For the moment we are ok and off to Croatia soon for 6 weeks and have booked next years Bilbao ferry already so not ready to pack in yet.

Whilst we enjoy touring in Europe we still obtain considerable pleasure touring in Britain. It is not that difficult to find nice sites that are in beautiful areas and are not overcrowded, or overpriced. The other advantage being that in Britain there are sufficient sites open all year around to allow four seasons camping. By sites there are club sites, commercial sites, CL/CS, rallies, DA meets and THS. More variety than available abroad where the seasons can be shorter.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts