New 2010 Santa Fe - Auto or Manual?

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Aug 17, 2005
Visit site
This has really got me thinking as I'm going to look at a new model SF today and am undecided on whether to go for manual or auto.

I was suprised like everyone else on the lower tow weight and nose weight of the auto. I know the Sorento actually pulls an extra 500kgs as an auto option and I think the noseweight remains the same.

All I can think is that the auto on the new SF is not strong enough to tow at any higher level? Shame really as I'd love to have gone the auto route as I've warmed up the DMF clutch on both my previous Passat and my curent Alhambra.

I think I'll probably go for the manual depending on how it drives and fit a motor mover to the van to save the clutch.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I have test driven a new Sorento KX3 with the 2.2 engine and 6 speed box, and the engine was a real delight and really pulled well and was extremly smooth. The autobox was seamless even on a windy A road with hills it never got caught out in the wrong gear. That power train haas been out for a while now in Australia and is geting good reports. I am confident that the towing test reports will show it to be a good towcar.

Cheers

Other Clive

Aug 17, 2005
Visit site
This has really got me thinking as I'm going to look at a new model SF today and am undecided on whether to go for manual or auto.

I was suprised like everyone else on the lower tow weight and nose weight of the auto. I know the Sorento actually pulls an extra 500kgs as an auto option and I think the noseweight remains the same.

All I can think is that the auto on the new SF is not strong enough to tow at any higher level? Shame really as I'd love to have gone the auto route as I've warmed up the DMF clutch on both my previous Passat and my curent Alhambra.

I think I'll probably go for the manual depending on how it drives and fit a motor mover to the van to save the clutch.
That' the old Sorrie auto with the extra 500kg tow weight, not the new one! Sorry for any confusion.

Dave.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts