New Bailey phoenix GT75 launch

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just watched some of the on line launch from today, distinctly underwhelming, maybe it's just me, but not a fan of the format where people sit around chatting with staged questions and 'jokes', The van itself looks OK and the move to have all the services on the offside is sensible,otherwise not much change apart from price increase, won't be rushing out to look at one.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Just watched some of the on line launch from today, distinctly underwhelming, maybe it's just me, but not a fan of the format where people sit around chatting with staged questions and 'jokes', The van itself looks OK and the move to have all the services on the offside is sensible,otherwise not much change apart from price increase, won't be rushing out to look at one.
I’ve never had a caravan where the services were not on the offside. The announcement on the new Phoenix is distinctly underwhelming and gives little meaningful information. But alas many adverts are similarly trite.

Looking at a newish Bailey Discovery that’s arrived nearby. The rear panel is novel in that it’s wrapped horizontally around the back with a right angled joint to the roof. Might be more robust than flimsy ABS panels.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2021
Visit site
Looking at a newish Bailey Discovery that’s arrived nearby. The rear panel is novel in that it’s wrapped horizontally around the back with a right angled joint to the roof. Might be more robust than flimsy ABS panels.
IIRC Bailey use GRP panels anyway, so you don't see the endless complaints about front and rear panel cracks.
Plenty of other issues with Bailey, but at least thats not one of them

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Having had several caravans with some services on the nearside I have never regarded it as a problem and certainly not a deal breaker.
Hopefully the panels are far better than other makes and I am a bit unsure of the back panel as used previously on the discovery.

Reactions: Bluetonic
Jul 19, 2021
Visit site
Having had several caravans with some services on the nearside I have never regarded it as a problem and certainly not a deal breaker.
Hopefully the panels are far better than other makes and I am a bit unsure of the back panel as used previously on the discovery.
I think people like to make up issues. Like when Bailey removed the front locker. Can't say I've ever missed scrabbling around to find something at the bottom of one.

Sep 16, 2018
Visit site
I think people like to make up issues. Like when Bailey removed the front locker. Can't say I've ever missed scrabbling around to find something at the bottom of one.
Moved from Bailey to Eldiss, regretting it bitterly and can't wait to move back. We've hated the front locker, scrabbling around and cracking heads on the low door, to say nothing of the abs panels etc etc.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Moved from Bailey to Eldiss, regretting it bitterly and can't wait to move back. We've hated the front locker, scrabbling around and cracking heads on the low door, to say nothing of the abs panels etc etc.
The Elddis front locker is like trying to retrieve something from a post box.
Mel

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
And don’t you just love the two page spread ad in the latest PC Magazine - had to hunt around the pictures of kids splashing in muddy puddles etc to see any illustrations of the van itself - I soooo can’t wait to see all the innovations in the flesh - maybe!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts