New caravanner - 1 week until new Bailey Ranger 500/5 arrives

Sep 2, 2006
Visit site
Seasons Greetings to one and all.

Very excited about the imminent arrival.

Anyone else taken delivery of new Bailey;s in the last week or two ??. Any problems.

What should I look for / ask the dealer about upon collection - especially as this is all 'foreign' ground for me.

Thanks in advance.

Matt & Ailsa

Mar 15, 2006
Visit site
Hi Matthew

We took delivery of our Burgundy just before Xmas.

Only thing we found different when picking our van up was the roof lights where not the same as on spec sheet when we ordered the van, apart from that everything seems o.k.

Off away in it for the New Year so will let you know how we get on.

Good Luck

Allyson

Sep 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi Matthew

We took delivery of our Burgundy just before Xmas.

Only thing we found different when picking our van up was the roof lights where not the same as on spec sheet when we ordered the van, apart from that everything seems o.k.

Off away in it for the New Year so will let you know how we get on.

Good Luck

Allyson
Allyson,

Many thanks for the reply - good luck in your New Year trip. We are planning a quick 1 nighter the first weekend we pick it up.

Regards.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Matthew, just take your time when collecting your van and get the dealer to show you how everything works, and any unsure things, ASK before leaving.

Sep 14, 2006
Visit site
Matthew,

We took delivery of our Ranger 550/6 in August, the only slight fault we have had is some of the internal woodwork has come unstuck and the trim around the bathroom sink fell off ! All work was carried under warranty and all is ok. Good caravan is the Bailey and of course it is very light to tow.

Good luck on delivery........

Sep 23, 2006
Visit site
Matthew,

We used to have a 500/5 a few years back, no problems whatsoever on delivery, but like Danny, some trim did start to come unstuck. Dealt with it myself and otherwise this was one excellent van,and still is because we met the current owner.

As Damian says, take your time when collecting, I know we are all kids at heart and cant wait to get our hands on our new toy but really get the dealer to explain everything to you.

Some friends of ours went to collect their new van back in the spring (no it was not a Bailey) and on close inspection found that some of the paint was starting to peel. A respray was offered but they rejected the van and walked away and purchased from elsewhere-so just look carefully at everything.

Happy touring.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Matthew, we took delivery of our new Bailey Senator Arizona just before Christmas, road tested it for a couple of nights and we could find no problems whatsoever. Just looking forward to using it in the New Year, and of course our holiday down in to France in the summer, so sit back relax & enjoy, you have chosen a great brand.

Happy New Year Allan & Gill.

Oct 26, 2006
Visit site
Hi Mathew

We picked up our new Senator Carolina 3 weeks ago, The dealer spent almost 2 hours with us going over the van. Thats not to say we will remember everything he told us. My hubby has compiled a list of questions he still wants to ask, but we are taking it away for 3 nights on the 2nd of Jan so it may be just figuring it out as we go. We managed to get a copy of the owners manual before we picked up the van so that gave us some time to read up on it before it arrived in the showroom. Ask your dealer if they have a copy as it was great to know a little beforehand. Enjoy your new bailey.

Carolyn

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Matthew, I endorse what others have said take time at the handover and ask questions where you are not sure. You also get a very clear easy to understand instruction book with a Bailey these days.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
And you can also down load a copy of the owners manual & service book from the Bailey web site, then as Carolyn says you can gen yourself up before you take delivery of your van & no doubt go armed with a multitude of questions at hand over time.

All the best Allan & Gill.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts