New Forest in October

Jun 8, 2005
Visit site
Hi everyone
We are thinking of going to the New Forest in October. Never been there before. It will be just the two of us & the Labrador. Which is the best area within the Forest and which caravan site do you like best & why? We will be staying for a week and like sites that are to the CC or C&CC standard. Sandy Balls looks nice but a bit expensive. Happy/prefer a good CL if it is in the right place and has a toilet & somewhere to walk the dog.

Thanks to anyone who replies.

Dave

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We like the CC Centenery site,close to most things to do ,easy to reach the Forest for dog walking,need to beware of ticks,every time we come back from the New Forest the dog has a couple of the little devils.

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi Dave,

The New Forest is my ultimate vanning destination. It has everything you need for a great holiday. Forests, walks, space, wild animals, lovely villages and ....pubs with real ale... You also have the beach just down the road and if the weather is good, you can go to Christchurch and spend the day at either Mudeford Beach (known as Avon beach) or Mudeford Quay and do a spot of crabbing.

We have young children and have usually stayed at the larger more commercial sites such as Hoburne Bashley and Sandy Balls. They are both good sites with a lot to offer, but not I would not personally say up to the quality of a CC or C&CC site (just due to their size and quality of plots/toilet blocks etc). Also a bit to noisy for me.

I believe there is a great site at Black Knowl CC in Brockenhurst. This benefits from being right on the doorstep of Ornamental Drive (an absolute must) and in the heart of the forest. You also have Beaulieu just a few miles away. I would also highly recommend the centenary CC club site in Bransgore which is a relatively new site, typically CC and with lots to do.

Hope you enjoy your holiday

Regards
Tony

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
which side of the Forest do you want to be?? quite a few nice CL's around but no point in listing any for where you don't want to be.

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Moley. My suggestion would be take a look at Hill Cottage Farm Fordingbridge its a peach of a site. Plenty of dog walking scenery beautiful.Pubs etc close by and an evening walk with dogs or dog you will entertained by the owls .
Sir Roger

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Martin, can I pick your brains as you seem to know a lot of the CL's in the Forest. We are looking at going in May next year, last time we went 2 years ago we stayed at the new Centenary site but times being hard cannot afford their rates any more. We would like to be somewhere central more towards the coast. We look for CLs with electric and shower/toilet facilities if you can recommend I would be very grateful.
Regards
Ian

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
We were at Hill Cottage Farm Fordingbridge last week for 5 days on the camping field. The hardstanding pitches are huge, very clean site and superhot water.
Well worth a stay.
Just dont expect to find anywhere to eat after 8.30pm on a Sunday night in Fordingbridge ( unless its a Kebab or Chinese)

TRENDING THREADS