NEW from Scottish Borders with NEW Bailey Ranger 620/6

Jun 26, 2008
Visit site
Hya, i'm an absolute caravanning virgin, just bought a brand new bailey ranger 620/6 and now trying to source all the extras that i'll need to get going. I phoned the C & CC for insurance today and i cannot believe how cheap it is!!! £175 for their 4 star cover.

Any advice on what i'll need to buy to get going is greatly appreciated.... thanks folks

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
PS Forgot to say, we got a lot of our stuff from eBay shops and online accessory stores - cheaper and delivered to your door.

Jun 26, 2008
Visit site
thanks clare and rob. We are now fully kitted out! Found some stuff from home and some from ebay and other stuff from dealer, and by god you certainly need some gear eh!

We have twins that are 11 and a 7 year old so entertaining them has been the hardest part on our first trip, must make point of going somewhere more interesting next time!

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
We have 12 year old twins and a 4 year old, all boys, so know what you mean about keeping them entertained. We wanted to start caravanning to get the kids away from the TV and computer games etc but, I'm ashamed to say, we always take the TV, playstation and DVDs. It just makes life a bit easier when setting up and packing away not to mention when the weather is bad. I always go on eBay a few weeeks before we go away and buy a couple of cheap DVDs or playstation games to produce for those 'I'm bored' moments.

Really enjoying it though, only 12 more sleeps until we go to Brighton for our main fortnight. Hope the weather picks up or the playstation will be overheating!

Going to Longleat at October half term and heard that it's excellent. Friends of ours reckon their kids were thoroughly entertained for about 4 days just visiting the house, grounds and other attractions. If our 3 say their bored there, we're going to feed them to the lions!

Jan 23, 2008
Visit site
Hi Sparkle

Welcome to the forum. We live in Ayr and have been caravanning for about 20 years now.When our girls were younger we used to take it day about to chose what to do. Once set up we would head to the information hut and chose the leaflets from the local area and each would choose what to do on their day. We found that this kept down any arguments as they knew they would get to do their thing soon enough.

We also used to keep a large map of the UK and Ireland and when we decided where we were going the kids would find it on the map and put a red sticker on it. when we came back home they would find the places we had visited and put a different colour sticker on them(helped them with their geography). We kept this going for many years unfortunatley one year we were decorating and I threw it out. Good luck with your caravanning.

Jun 26, 2008
Visit site
thanks helen, i like the idea of having a map and putting stickers on it to mark each place you've been, think i'll do that, my 3 would like the idea and it gives you an idea of where in the country you've covered. for us it's always about deciding where to go next, does anyone else have this problem???

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts