New Honda CR-V tow mirrors

Jan 2, 2009
Visit site
Sorry to ask yet another question! We are seriously considering buying a Sterling Europa 460 (2007) caravan to tow with our new shaped Honda CR-V. As we are caravan novices we now need to buy everything we need. We are thinking of buying Milenco Aero towing mirrors as used in Practical Caravan Tow car awards. So does anyone have any recommendations about whether we need Grand Aero or Aero mirrors - and one flat and one convex or 2 flat or 2 convex mirrors. Help please?

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
I can't advise as to the size, but I would go for two convex mirrors. I have the old Milenco mirrors, one flat, one convex. The flat one is next to useless - it has a very narrow field of view and exaggerates any vibrations.

Jan 28, 2008
Visit site
Hi Annie

I use the Milenco Aero mirrors on my new shape CR-V. I have both flat. I find the CR-V mirrors themselves (already quite large)are usefel when towing about 90% of the time, and just rely on the aero's to see what is immediately behind the van and to check what the van wheels are doing during cornering. I prefer flat for this as the view is not distorted and distances easier to judge.

The grand aero's were not available when I bought mine, but I am not sure they are really necessary on a CR-V.

Cheers

David

Mar 29, 2007
Visit site
Annie

I too use the Milenco Aero Mirrors and both of mine are the flat glass ones. Had to swap round the arm bracket on one for the near side of the car, as I wanted the mount to be at the top of the vehicles mirrors, only took a few secs.

TRENDING THREADS