New Kia Sorento

Jul 17, 2005
Visit site
Anyone seen one in the flesh yet or driven one?

How does it compare to the old one in ride quality and steering?

It looks nice though with a good mix of clours...what do you think?

F

who is still paying for the old one

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Fouldsy,

Went to have a look at a new one last night on my way home from work.It looks very nice, but as for as I can tell, the changes are mostly cosmetic. The XE has gone and the XS has lost it's sun roof as standard equipment.

As there are some cracking deals around on the old model ( XT now

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Agree with what Mike has said, the only real difference is the extra BHP of the new model, everything else seems to be cosmetic. According to the Kia website the XE will be available again towards the end of the year, when they have probably cleared stocks of the older models.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Agree with what Mike has said, the only real difference is the extra BHP of the new model, everything else seems to be cosmetic. According to the Kia website the XE will be available again towards the end of the year, when they have probably cleared stocks of the older models.
Thanks for pointing out the BHP Richard, I'd missed that.

When I was looking at the new model last night, the young salesman ( he hadn't started shaving yet ! ) had very little product knoledge as he'd only been working there for two weeks !

I think I knew more about the car than him !

On the subject of BHP, are there any Sorento owners out there that think the car would benefit significantly from the extra 30 BHP ?

I have never driven one, but I'm extemely interested in changing to one before too long, as my next van is likely to be heavier than my current model.

Thanks,

Mike.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for pointing out the BHP Richard, I'd missed that.

When I was looking at the new model last night, the young salesman ( he hadn't started shaving yet ! ) had very little product knoledge as he'd only been working there for two weeks !

I think I knew more about the car than him !

On the subject of BHP, are there any Sorento owners out there that think the car would benefit significantly from the extra 30 BHP ?

I have never driven one, but I'm extemely interested in changing to one before too long, as my next van is likely to be heavier than my current model.

Thanks,

Mike.
I don't think it will benifit much from the extra BHP, Mike. Certainly not for towing, as the torque figures are a close match. Don't get me wrong, the extra speed solo will be nice, but if the price difference is 5K, you won't feel short changed by taking an older model.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Fouldsy

I see one on wen-day it6 look the same to me but the same said there were over 250 difrent bits on it but I had go to look at the old one as you can save

Apr 11, 2006
Visit site
I just bought a brand new xs 2.5 crdi and there is not really any differences to the old model its just the same to the older shape one which i had before

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi All,

Saw the new model close up to day and not impressed,the model I looked at was the new XS. The new single colour looks good, the new front bumper is not all attrative compared with previous version. New lights at front and rear o.k. Interior well what can I say, apart from what the heck have they done. Leather just the same, but that not a problem, centre consol they have changed for the sake of changing and it's no where as good as previous model, Dash layout un-inspireing, Bean can controls for air con and flow look awful,NO SUNROOF, we don,t want to run on air con and climate control all the time, new alloy,s I did not like but look very servicable as far as cleaning. Come on Kia I hope you are looking at this as what you seem to have done is put a XS into XE clothing and expect us to pay XS pricing. O.K its got cruise and steering coloume activated rather that down on the right of the dash, all or most of the old XS features, but if you want to retain your U.K market share that you have built up in the last few years you are going to have to do better. Power increase great and seemed a little smoother, Ah well I will stay with my 54 plate XS and if required buy a 06 version next time in, but not this model 56 plate, it seems to have gone backwards,

Rob

Come on Kia!buck your idias up we are very discerning in the U.K and don,t like being taken for granted, especially when we are subbing other countries like the U.S etc so you can get into their massive 4x4 markets and we pay the price.

Jun 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi agree that the changes do not seem to warrant teh additional cost, so I will stick with my 2004 model which I am really pleased with. As an aside I have just come back from Turkey and Sorento's were amongst the most common foreign 4*4s. Some were like gilded lillies and were clearly just 'show cars' but some we saw were really working hard for a living. All had headlamp washers and the radiator grills were a far better looking design than UK's, and the words 'Kia' were smaller with a symbol as the main emblem (like Toyota. You can get the grills in UK via the Kia UK Forum. One owner that we spoke to said that he had cahnged froma Shogun and was really pleased with the Sorrie.

Jun 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi Clive,

Have you got the address for the Kia Sorento U.K forum.

thanks Rob
Hi, try UK Kia Forum Home in Google. The forum has a graet dael of technical info and some good links for accessories. There are also some excellent photos showing how to fit certain accessorsies such as a powerbox etc. If you go to the Kia World Forum there is a section of photos showing Sorentos off road in some quite extreme conditions. I use Google to search for the forums. The UK one above is independent of the UK link from the Wold Forum

Jun 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi, try UK Kia Forum Home in Google. The forum has a graet dael of technical info and some good links for accessories. There are also some excellent photos showing how to fit certain accessorsies such as a powerbox etc. If you go to the Kia World Forum there is a section of photos showing Sorentos off road in some quite extreme conditions. I use Google to search for the forums. The UK one above is independent of the UK link from the Wold Forum
Apologies try 'UK Kia Sorento Forum' for the indepenedant one.

TRENDING THREADS