New Look Website is Terrible

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
No I was ray, now demoted to ray3, I did try to change to xtrailman, as i'm using on other sites.

Can anyone tell me how to change from ray3 to xtrailman, when I try to edit ray3 is just greyed out.

Although a very long term member from the original forum, i'm not bothered about my post count, I actually prefer not to have one.

CT shows me with around 6000, but I would be happy to have zero.

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Hello.
I think the forum is good so far. And enjoy using it. It is great that Haymarket are moving with the times and spending a lot of time revamping it and not to mention the money it must cost. People would soon moan if the forum was stopped altogether. So let's embrace the change and allow any changes to be made which will happen in time.
Well done and thanks.
Neil.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
I have not had any problems except that I am a Junior Boarder :woohoo:

Don't forget that any website is only as good as the Browser it is interacting with.......I am using Firefox with Adblock Plus.

If you are having problems .......Try a different browser.

Check this out Ray

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
A welcome addition is the fact that you now get notifications, but wouldn't it be better if you received a single notification when someone posts and then only the next one when you have visited the thread instead of a load that you may receive overnight?

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
So we can't use Internet Explorer now it seems Google Chrome is not good enough. We are fast running out of browsers haha seriously though if you sort the time out problem. I will be happy

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
My problem is having to sign in every visit, and it comes up automatically with my post code as my user name. Can't see a way yet of changing it (Yet!). (Or is it because using Chrome) Got rid of Firefox ages ago when I found out I preferred chrome)

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
Gafferbill said:

Don't forget that any website is only as good as the Browser it is interacting with.......I am using Firefox with Adblock Plus.

If you are having problems .......Try a different browser.

Check this out Ray

Thanks gaffer

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
I went to make a cup of coffee and by the time I got back a few minutes later I had been logged out? This is very annoying! I only realised it as I wanted to edit the post I had just made. Can this please be amended with a facility to allow you to stay logged in?
Strange that I have 60 odd posts credited to my username and others who have been on board for several years have only 1 post and are juniors? As mentioned, why wasn't the website tested before it was launched? Are we going to be paid by Haymarket for testing their software? :lol:

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
And by the way when I go to Chit Chat it takes me to this page - 5 years 11 months ago every time, the only way I can get into chit chat is by clicking the 'last post' (That's not a wish for the new site, as it looks promising if I can get it sorted?) :angry:

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Must admit that I quite like the new layout.

I've worked in IT for almost 35 years & I fully understand what a major upgrade like this takes. Warmest Congrats to all of the Practical Caravan team.

Jim

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
How do you put a pic on your profile, been looking at this for nearly an hour now, keep on going into profile but cannot find a way of doing it.

Kev

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
There are a lot of new features on this new forum and there will inevitably be some that people really like and maybe some that have shown up issues that can only be resolved when they are identified by us using the website and forum and finding our way around (which I'm still doing).
Constructive feedback is welcome, the Haymarket team have done a great job in launching this forum with everything up and running and they are still working behind the scenes to make everything run smoothly.
Does anybody remember the last 'upgrade' when it took months just to persuade the web builders to let us have 'smiley emoticon thingy's'?
This new build is light years further forward, so thanks for your patience, if you are stuck give Damian or myself a shout and we'll get back to you as soon as possible to try to help.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
trucker said:
How do you put a pic on your profile, been looking at this for nearly an hour now, keep on going into profile but cannot find a way of doing it.

Kev
Hi Kev
What you need is a 'Gravatar' .
Click Here to read Lizzie explanation of how it all works

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Would like to stop e mail notification of new posts. Fed up of deleting already. Can't see the way of stopping them. Do you know how to do it?

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Gabsgrandad said:
Would like to stop e mail notification of new posts. Fed up of deleting already. Can't see the way of stopping them. Do you know how to do it?
I don't know what icons are shown under your comment box but on mine apart from the moddying tackle there is an 'unsubscribe' tag which will stop your receiving email notifications in the topis that you don't want to subscribe to.

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I too had to unsubscribe as the email notifications were too much. But first I had to log in again. It's not good. I am currently logged into another forum where I have been logged in for the past 3 weeks even if I close the page it remembers me.
Can we get this sorted or is there nothing that can be done.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Gafferbill said:

Thank you to the Website boffins :cheer: .....I have been promoted to a Platinum Boarder from a Junior boarder and the grey hair has come back!!!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I'm sure that issues which are causing us to be logged out will be resolved as soon as possible John.
Rome wasn't built in a day and neither was this website, in fact it's still being built, tweaked and adjusted so please try to remain positive and give the web technicians time to read the feedback, see what needs to be done and sort things out.
These things are not easily done in an instant and the entire website will continue to evolve and grow so thank you for your patience and understanding :)

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
I had to reset my password, and I made an icon thingy on the new avatar site (which isn't on here I notice). New website seems ok, but the forums are a little boxy, s'pose we'll get used to it tho! :p

Dame Crazyguider of the Woosie Club. Avondale Dart 556/6. Merc 220 est.

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

Thank you for your feedback – no matter what the glitches it's good to see you all on here and chatting!

I am sorry for any issues and rest assured we are working to rectify them. A lot of work has gone on and will continue to go on behind the scenes, and we ask for a little patience while we iron out any issues.

In response to specific queries:
  • As Parksy has kindly pointed out, to be notified of replies to a topic, you tick a box at the bottom of the box where you compose a post. This is automatically ticked. To stop the replies to a topic, click the 'unsubscribe' box, as directed by Parksy.
  • The issue of logging you out. I'm using Chrome and have told it to remember my password and I've not had an issue. I hope we can get this sorted for other users, too.
Other than that, thank you to Damian and Parksy for their help and support. This is your forum and we want it to be as good for you as it can be. There are many new features that I know you've all been asking for such as notifications and PMs and more – check out the range of emoticons! :woohoo: :p – and we could have given you none of these without moving to this new platform. Of course it might take a while to find your way around and feel at home, but I am sure that won't take too long. One of my favourite, handy new functions is the 'recent topics' tab at the top of the page that you can click on and at a glance see all the most recent posts.

We've added some new sections to the forum. So there are now dedicated sections to chat about the major brands and to share your love for your favourite vans with fellow enthusiasts, and regional chat sections to help you share tips about caravanning in your area and so you can chat to people near you who share your passion. Or maybe if you're heading for a caravan holiday in Devon, for example, you can ask locals for tips. Plus there are new boards for chat about photography, pets on tour, baking and vintage vans. We hope this will give existing users new outlets and new sources of inspiration – and that it might bring new users to the forum. If you want any more, please yell and we will do our best to oblige.

In the meantime, please bear with us, please keep telling us what you think and thanks for your patience.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts