New van ? Bailey Ranger 500/5

Oct 7, 2006
Visit site
Have been out looking for a new van...not sure used or new.

Weight is an issue as we have y reg Toyota Avensis estate-some dealers say must go beyond 1250 kg others say your fine anything up to 1500kg.

We have seen new ranger 500/5 keeps weight down,but hesistant re buying brand new-yes it has warranty but loses money as soon as off forecourt.

Reading postings Bailey having bad rep at present.

Any thoughts on this van?

Thinking about buying at Chichester Caravans Uckfield-any experience after sales there?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Bailey caravans are good caravans my Ranger has lasted me 10 years with no problem just changing it this year again for another Bailey. Some of the 2005/6 years had problems with water ingress in the roof (according to reading the forums on this site ) perhaps Bailey can answer on here to put yr mind to rest , I believe its been sorted with the latest vans. As for weight of your car suggest you try this site

http://www.towcar.info/
which will give you some sort of idea if its a good match

or not but your cars handbook should give you a towing limit ?

p.s I got a 1/3 back of what I paid for it in part exchange

over 10 years I dont think thats bad value.

Nov 28, 2007
Visit site
We've just sold our 9 year old Bailey Ranger 510/4 which was as near immaculate as you could get - we got it secondhand about 3 years ago - we had no problems at all with it and we used it virtually every six weeks or so. We've had our brand new Pageant Series 6 Provence since last September and have used it 4 times already in the most appalling weather - high winds, torrential rain, freezing cold etc and apart from a faulty switch in one of the overhead lights (for which we can't blame Bailey)I am mightily impressed. We have just been to the NEC and many of the comments we heard praised the Bailey quality, layouts and equipment levels. Mostly the adverse comments were of the snobbish type (ie like the BMW v Ford sort that you get in motoring circles) - we are very happy with ours and if we had a bigger car, more space to store it and sufficient funds we would have had a Senator Wyoming (which is what we still aspire to, perhaps in a couple of years when the retirement funds become avaialable)

We tow ours (1420kg) with a C-max 2.0 TDCI (max tow weight 1500kg)towing ratio 93% and it is steady as a rock, easily cruises at 65mph if we want to in sixth gear and we get nearly 30mpg on a run while towing.

Jan 6, 2008
Visit site
Hi Alison

Try Michael Jordon Caravan Station approach Gomshall Guildford Surrey GU5-9NX Tel 01483 203335 www.michaeljordancaravans.co.uk

When I was looking around for a caravan I found them the best on price and NO pressure sales; if you have questions to ask they will help you in any way; if you just would like time to think they leave you alone - GREAT. What more could you ask?

They have used models and new. A very good range.

P.S. If you would like to use the train Gomshall, railway station is just opposite their entrance.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts