Newton Mill camping park

Mar 21, 2008
Visit site
Hi Keith,

We went there just before Christmas (at the time of the Bath Christmas market).

It's a lovely site, about 3 miles from the centre of Bath, in a beautiful, secluded valley.

It's a long, narrow site with a river running through it (fishing available) and has plenty of hard-standing pitches as well as grass.

The pitches are a little on the small side, though, and, when the park's busy I would imagine it could be quite difficult to get on and pitch. Once on, though, it's very pleasant with an abundance of wildlife, including a bunch of ducks wandering around, hoovering up!

The onsite pub and restaurant serves a good selection of beers and good, reasonably priced food.

There is a small shop selling the usual bits and bobs, plus they can order a newspaper for you.

There is (apparently) a footpath into Bath from the site but we could only follow it as far as the main road. There is also a path up to the bus stop, where the is a frequent and regular bus service into the city centre - it's not far but is quite steep.

The lower end of the park has quite a few residential caravans, which can cause a bit of noise with people commuting to work in the mornings.

The toilet block is very good, although I think the "loo of the year" award may have applied to the new one in the camping field (closed when we went) rather than the one we were using.

It was very nice, though, and well equipped - and I thought the individual bathroom (charge applies) was a great idea.

All in all, then, we loved the site and hope to be back! It's ideal for exploring Bath (and Bristol too).

Hope this helps.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts