NFU Insurance Claim

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Yesterday I had an accident with the caravan and a gate post and both lost.

How have people found NFU for dealing with claims and what is the procedure with regards to assessors ,speed of repair, etc?

I do not anticipate problems with them but would welcome comments from those who have had dealings in the past

Apr 3, 2005
Visit site
Hi John, we made a claim when insured with NFU, we had two youths shoot a stone from a catapult at the roof of our 2 week old senator oklahoma!

NFU were very good, we took the caravan to our supplying dealer who carried out the repair work, all it took was one phone call to NFU.

The only down side was that they put up our next years premium massively, so much so that we moved our insurance to the caravan club, who were much cheaper!

hope this helps, regards, Andrew.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have got the letter asking for the estimate and that's in the post from the dealer !!!

I asked twice about damage to the gatepost and was told that I could claim.

A further enquiry today tells a different story.

I can only claim for caravan damage to the gatepost if the caravan is detached from the car.

If its attached it has to be third party claim on the car insurance .

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
NFU insured our van that was written off in France whils my brither was towing it. I can only praise NFU for their prompt action and help. And the settlement price was very reasonable as well.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just an update on the original posting(8th Oct)

NFU have been excellent in assessing damage and approving repair.

There was a little delay as we were away with the van complete with patch on side but we are currently awaiting parts including the side panel.

They were supposed to be here about now but as we are not using the van at present I haven't contacted the dealer as yet.

NFU part of the job has been very efficient.

Jan 27, 2006
Visit site
Just an update on the original posting(8th Oct)

NFU have been excellent in assessing damage and approving repair.

There was a little delay as we were away with the van complete with patch on side but we are currently awaiting parts including the side panel.

They were supposed to be here about now but as we are not using the van at present I haven't contacted the dealer as yet.

NFU part of the job has been very efficient.
does any body have the phone number of the nfu for insurance

Many thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts