Night stop list

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I just joined the Forum. I have been subscribed since April but have only just got round to it. I have been building a very basic Campervan. I was trying to find the list of Nightstops. I was also hoping that someone might have added GPS locations. We live in Guernsey and hope to use Nightstops on a trip we have planned to Scotland in June. Any assistance on each would be welcome. JR

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I think the list of Nightstops will be put up on the PMH website 'in due course'.
In the meantime I have a listing of official non-campsite stopovers here: www.ukmotorhomes.net/ukaires.shtml. It includes all the Nightstop locations, which are marked with the Nightstop logo. All have GPS coordinates and a link to Google Maps and Streetview, so you can see what they are like!
Andy

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi all

Just a quick reminder that you can now access our Nightstop map by clicking on this link:

http://tinyurl.com/333lmud

If you'd like a full pdf list of the locations, including all phone numbers etc, you can email me at sarah@practicalmotorhome.com, and I'll send it on to you. You can also contact me either on this address, or on these forums, if you have any further questions about Nightstop. We'd also love to hear from you if you know of a pub or other location that will make a great Nightstop - if you pass the details on to me, I'll forward them an information pack about how to join our scheme.

Cheers!
Sarah

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
What is happening to the Nightstop Scheme?
It seems to have become a low priority for the magazine, there's not been much of a mention in the last two issues, at the very least there should be a listing published in every issue.
Apart from the updates, there is no listing on the PMH website. Why not?
I think it's a great scheme but it suffers from lack of publicity, if it's to succeed it needs a much higher profile.
Andy

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi Andy

Thanks for the post, and the comments - we're busy working hard on the Nightstop scheme as we speak! We've recently recruited a couple of new locations, taking us up to 24 Nightstops, and we've got quite a few more in the application process for their CL licence.

You're right that we haven't mentioned it in the mag for the last couple of months – as of the next issue (September) we'll be printing full list of locations in the magazine, along with full contact details. At the moment we only have our Google map, but we're working hard on improving the travel content of our website, part of which will be dedicated to Nightstop. In the meantime, anyone can get hold of a full list of locations by emailing me direct – my address is sarah@practicalmotorhome.com.

Thanks again for the comments, and look out for some great new developments shortly!

Best wishes
Sarah

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Night stop in Scotland
A9
Perth park and ride is an excellent place to stop. The car park is very big and new. The sign says caravans and motorhomes can stay free for 3 days. The toilettes are new and in a very very clean condition. A bus to town is every 10 minutes.

G4EKF

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
G4EKF said:
Night stop in Scotland
A9
Perth park and ride is an excellent place to stop. The car park is very big and new. The sign says caravans and motorhomes can stay free for 3 days. The toilettes are new and in a very very clean condition. A bus to town is every 10 minutes.

G4EKF
This sounded like great news so I checked with the local council. Unfortunately, although the maximum stay for parking is 72 hours they told me
"it is not permissible for motorhome/caravan owners to sleep, cook, camp, use their awnings or inhabit their motorhome/ caravan at any point during the time the vehicle is parked."
Andy

May 20, 2012
Visit site
I thought people might be interested to see the new 'aire' at Donaghadee, Co Down (see http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=54.634729,-5.531348&hl=en&sll=54.634738,-5.531407&sspn=0.002192,0.003905&t=h&mra=mift&mrsp=0&sz=18&z=18)
IMG_0465.jpg

IMG_0464.jpg

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
The introduction of Northern Ireland aires is due to the efforts of local motorhomers in persuading councils and tourist bodies that they will help to bring visitors to the areas. The new one at Donaghadee brings the total to 5.
I guess the PMH Nightstops are as close as we get in the rest of the UK. However a few councils are starting to accommodate motorhomes overnight. There's the new facility at Lytham St Annes; also at West Beach Hayling Island although sadly pressure from local campsites has forced a price increase to uneconomic levels there; even Scarborough is planning to allow motorhomes to overnight on some car parks.
Latest bit of good news I've heard is that Hawick has introduced FREE overnight stays for campervans in a town centre car park.
By the way, the PMH Nightstop Scheme has recently added 6 new locations but seems to have forgotten to announce them...
The Airman Hotel Shefford, Beamish Arms Beamish, The Gloucester Old Spot Cheltenham, The Three Horseshoes Alton, The Green Dragon Chard, The Railway Hotel Nantgaredig.

Andy

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi Andy

You beat us to it! I've just posted a news story about the latest locations on the home page. I've also updated the map to include full postcodes and phone numbers, which should make it more user-friendly.

Cheers
Sarah

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi Forum Friends,
I've just added a couple of new Nightstops to our google map and written a news story about them: Stay at a Nightstop to save money on holiday. Hope you'll all make the most of our Nightstop scheme, which is a joint project between Practical Motorhome and the Motor Caravanners' Club. Please ring them to check availability and the nightly fee, but remember that most of them are pubs, so they'll be happiest to talk to you during pub opening hours! The full list is in every issue of Practical Motorhome, in the Talk (letters) section at the front of the magazine. Happy stopovers!

TRENDING THREADS