Nissan Qashqai

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Sep 9, 2022
Visit site
Re #50 Since this is a caravan forum I assumed you may have had an interest in a heavier caravan. Anyway why bother posting about 2000kg if it’s not really relevant to you. Many cars have manufacturers towing limits that are well above what any sensible person would tow a caravan at. I assume that you know how the towing limit is determined?
Yes I am aware thank you. As it happens, if we choose the Quashqai it will be a bang on 85% match with our caravan. Our van has a relatively small user payload so most heavy items go in the car. We also have ATC

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I've deleted a couple of abrasive replies from this thread.
Devontug, if you joined this forum to post rude replies to others who have responded to you in good faith, I suggest that you find a different caravan forum because we don't allow antagonistic comments to appear on our message boards.

Sep 9, 2022
Visit site
I've deleted a couple of abrasive replies from this thread.
Devontug, if you joined this forum to post rude replies to others who have responded to you in good faith, I suggest that you find a different caravan forum because we don't allow antagonistic comments to appear on our message boards.
I joined the forum in good faith. I hoped to be welcomed as a newcomer, and my first post being accepted as what I thought was a genuine contribution to the thread. Instead the replies were condensing, and as I saw it an attempt to put the " new boy " in his place.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I joined the forum in good faith. I hoped to be welcomed as a newcomer, and my first post being accepted as what I thought was a genuine contribution to the thread. Instead the replies were condensing, and as I saw it an attempt to put the " new boy " in his place.
I thought your first post was Fine, and the interesting insert regarding the tow weights. It would to see what the road weights were for those cars.
Don't leave the forum yet, It can be helpfull to many folk.

Reactions: Devontug

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I looked at the replies that you're referring to, and the replies in my opinion were genuine and intended to prevent you from possibly making an expensive mistake and also to warn you of the potential pitfalls of towing at or near to the towing limit of the vehicle under discussion.
You didn't state the weight of the caravan that you had considered towing, so perhaps those who responded assumed that you would tow near to the limit.
There was no need for the feisty replies, they could lead to forum argument and upset which is why I nipped the situation in the bud.

Reactions: Hutch
Sep 9, 2022
Visit site
I looked at the replies that you're referring to, and the replies in my opinion were genuine and intended to prevent you from possibly making an expensive mistake and also to warn you of the potential pitfalls of towing at or near to the towing limit of the vehicle under discussion.
You didn't state the weight of the caravan that you had considered towing, so perhaps those who responded assumed that you would tow near to the limit.
There was no need for the feisty replies, they could lead to forum argument and upset which is why I nipped the situation in the bud.
All I said was the 2020 Qashqai 1.7 has a maximum towing weight of 2000kg. Please give me credit for fully understanding that no one would hitch a 2000kg caravan to the car, that is if such a caravan exists.
I will endeavour to make myself more clear in any future topics that I feel I can make a contribution to. If I am still welcome on the forum that is.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
All I said was the 2020 Qashqai 1.7 has a maximum towing weight of 2000kg.
....I will endeavour to make myself more clear in any future topics that I feel I can make a contribution to. If I am still welcome on the forum that is.
There was a little bit more than the comment about the towing limit, which is why I deleted two posts.
It's all too easy to be misunderstood on social media, text can never convey facial expressions of vocal inflections.
Of course you're welcome on this forum.
The episode is closed and forgotten about now Devontug.

Reactions: Buckman

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts