Nissan X trail weight???

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
If the wheels are a standard fitment, then they will already be reflected in the ex-works V5c certificate.

Changing from steel to alloy is a technical modification, but not normally one which would affect the kerbweight. As I said, any resultant weight change would only affect the payload.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Which model?
hi ray,

recently found different kerbweight for my x trail trawling the net,mine is a 2008 model(new shape) aventura 173 bhp...in the brochure it said 1670kgs,have since found out correct kbw should be 1705 kgs and a few sources quoted same figure.

hope this helps

jacky

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
You will never find an true accurate kerbweight figure by trawling the net. Kerbweight is specific to each and every car, so any published data can and will only be a guideline.

Jan 28, 2008
Visit site
I had a 53 plate X Trail sport, I've just found the weighbridge ticket for it: Kerbweight (with driver + 3/4 tank fuel + Awning and poles)was 1790 Kg. A beautiful car to drive and a good towcar but perhaps a bit light on the front end. I did have a nasty experience and wrote a van off. Was never completely confident with it after that. I now have a sorento

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
Some of these kerbweights seem low for a 4x4 car, I know that it depends on the model and specification, I have a Citroen C5 2 litre tdi Tourer 2008 model, and the plate on the car states a kerbweight of 1655kg excluding driver and fuel according to the Citroen dealer, if you add the average 75kg for the driver this gives a kerbweight of 1730kg, that gives an 85% of 1470kg.

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
I agree weights below 1600kg appear low, but the old xtrail was quite a short car, no where near a Mondeo for example.

It also had plastic front wings,(which i quite like) plastic bumpers with no metal beam behind them, aluminium whish bones, all reduce weight.

Besides xtrails are not 4x4 of the old ladder chassis school, but same as a car chassis. Like wise the new sorrento, hence its now reduced kerb weight.

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
I agree weights below 1600kg appear low, but the old xtrail was quite a short car, no where near a Mondeo for example.

It also had plastic front wings,(which i quite like) plastic bumpers with no metal beam behind them, aluminium whish bones, all reduce weight.

Besides xtrails are not 4x4 of the old ladder chassis school, but same as a car chassis. Like wise the new sorrento, hence its now reduced kerb weight.
Ah!That explains it, good answer Ray

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts