NO CLUB!!!!!

May 4, 2005
Visit site
I've looked at the list of clubs out there and really don't know which one to join. You see the problem is I can't find one that really suits my needs.I don't own an Astral,a Cheltenham a Knowsley or a Carlight or any other come to that, niether am I an enthusiast.I do own an Elddis but Im not really brand loyal,8 vans only 2 the same make.My twin axle can't be discribed as a light weight or a micro caravan. I do have a 70's Eccles Topas as a garden shed so the Historic or Period and classic might be a possibility but i'd have to find somewhere for the junk.I think the Baptists,United Reformed and Christian Fellowship might stuggle to accept me into their flock and I don't know if I would bond with Amigos,Companions or even plain old Nice people.I don't want to raise the flag, listen to brass bands or listen to men dressed like the local Mayor.I did ask my wife if joining the Gay caravan club would be a good way of widening the circle of my friends but she thought not.I suppose I could leave the wife and kids at home and join the Loners but I think this might defeat the object.So you can see my problem,there's no club for an overworked, under paid,mid 40's everyday bloke,married ,mortgaged,2 small kids who just wants to have a break,sit and chat and put the world to rights and then laugh about it all the way home,....OR IS THERE?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have just come back from our whitsun rally, 25 families went this year, we had great fun.

Visited Longleat, Wookey Hole, had a curry evening, sports day for the kids, all sorts of things, most evenings sitting around under gazebos or in different awnings, just chilling.

Our rallies are relaxed, we dont gather round a flag pole or anything like that, people join in when they want, where they want and if they would like to do something different they do

We usually do 5-6 rallies a year and try to put them in different parts of the country to cater for everybody

Full list of our rallies is here http://www.touringandtenting.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=327

Just have a look at the gallery for the latest rally photos too

Hope to see you sometime

Sonja

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
What a great idea Catherine, but how much do you think I should charge the wife and kids to join?
Hi Brian,the question is do they want to join?how much entertainment are you offering them,can your wife have a rotary washing line on the front of the caravan to dry the kids swimmers on because you WILL BE TAKING the kids swimming everyday won't you.?Now caravanning wouldn't be the same without the family so they have to join for free.It's everyone else you charge!!

May 4, 2005
Visit site
What a great idea Catherine, but how much do you think I should charge the wife and kids to join?
Great advice again. For all these years I didn't know I had to get involved with bringing up my kids.Also ,a rotary washing line on the front of the caravan,I bet that looks really nice.

May 4, 2005
Visit site
We have just come back from our whitsun rally, 25 families went this year, we had great fun.

Visited Longleat, Wookey Hole, had a curry evening, sports day for the kids, all sorts of things, most evenings sitting around under gazebos or in different awnings, just chilling.

Our rallies are relaxed, we dont gather round a flag pole or anything like that, people join in when they want, where they want and if they would like to do something different they do

We usually do 5-6 rallies a year and try to put them in different parts of the country to cater for everybody

Full list of our rallies is here http://www.touringandtenting.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=327

Just have a look at the gallery for the latest rally photos too

Hope to see you sometime

Sonja
Thanks Sonja ,will check it out when I have some time...Brian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Brian, You could go to weekend rallies run by the District Associations of the C&CC. It doesn't have to be committees, flag pole and village halls if you don't want it, there is plenty of choice. It has the benefit of being cheap( no extra costs for kids/ dogs etc), well stewarded, and at most rallies you can stay to late on Sunday.

You could of course be a member of the biggest club which is for people who arn't in clubs, (other than perhaps the CC or C&CC), and simply do their own thing, go where they like when they like. They do of course have to take responsibility for themselves, no club organisation when thing go not to plan.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Brian. There are many local clubs in the south Wales area, two that spring to mind in my area in Bridgend are The Ford Caravan Club which is open to non employees of Ford Motor Co. and also the Afan Caravan Club in Port Talbot which caters for all makes of caravans and like minded caravaners from all walks of life. Both clubs although have rules, etc. generally cater for the friendlyness of caravaning and not as you have light heartedly stated honour bound to the flag, etc.

Possibly there may be similar friendly clubs of this kind in your area. Usually the information is obtained by word of mouth and also on notice boards in local dealers and accessory shops.

Good luck, I am sure you will find a friendly club in your area which will cater for you and your family's needs. The idea of starting your own in the area is not such a daft idea at all. All it will take will be a few caravaners talking over a pint of beer (or maybe two) and brainstorming/gelling ideas and before you know it you are up and running. As stated GOOD LUCK.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Great advice again. For all these years I didn't know I had to get involved with bringing up my kids.Also ,a rotary washing line on the front of the caravan,I bet that looks really nice.
You might be able to get one that is a combined dryer and aerial

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
yes there is, but you MUST own a Royale touring caravan, made between 1969 and 1985.We spend our rally time doing just what you want to do, and we can probably sell you a Royale to do it in!! Emmerson

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Brian, i have just decided to form the roo club, but you must own a big top to join ............... Tina do you fit the bill?
Kanga, dont think i would fit your criteria coz I drive a "crappy" kia !!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Brian - Start a loners club, and for your 1st rally choose the biggest venue available and see if you fill it up with like minded vanners

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Brian and everyone else reading my last posting, language offensive I know, my deepest apologies to all but Shiraz is what I said, just read is other postings elsewhere and see what i mean. Just cheesed off with his constant picking on others with absolutely no reason for it.

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Skip, I honestly think Shiraz was cracking a joke which I actually found funny.If you felt you were coming to my defence,thanks,but I really don't think that was the best way of doing it.Hopefully this will be deleted and forgotten...Brian

TRENDING THREADS