No DC power in caravan.

Sep 2, 2019
Visit site
We have not got any DC in the caravan which is a swift CONQUEROR 645 Lus 2006.
We had check the fuses in the consumer unit and then all look ok.
Are there any more fuses anywhere else?

The battery indicator mental on the panel about the door looks like the battery is ok, the caravan is Plug in on main as well.
(Also have a solar panel on top, We don't know anything about that it is has a switch anywhere, but we are hoping we can add more solar panels and a inverter as some point)

As we are apteming to move in from our old caravan.
To get away at the end of the month. As our old caravan isn't Road worsen anymore.

We had not look at the barriers yet only by the mental in the caravan like I said. As we are both radio amateur we both know that mental can lie.?
Oh the DC power was working fine about week ago.
Any advice please.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Do you mean the DC plugs are are all none mains items not working? If the fuses are sound then it sounds like a wiring problem.

Sep 2, 2019
Visit site
The main power is working ok.
But there is no DC power at all, it looks like. But in saying that the lights on the caravan ceiling are working, but do they work on main as well?

But the outside light on the caravan is not working.
The radio in the caravan is not working so I am presuming that it work on off DC power only.
Nor the DC Plug are working and no red light on the tv amp at the back of the cupboards above consumer unit it.

I hope this helps you to help me, sorry about my spelling.

So we can not get the water in to the caravan.

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
It looks as though there could be two problems here.
If there is no 12V and the fuses are good go digging into the cables as there is likely an in-line fuse in the battery cable. Better still check the terminal voltage of the battery with a meter. You should be looking for 12.5V or more with the mains switched off and somewhere between 13.6V and 14.4V with mains on.
If the presence of mains does not increase the voltage on the battery terminals then it suggests your mains unit has also failed - not as uncommon as you might think.

I would also suggest that you keep quiet about being a radio amateur. Not only will you get us a bad name, but you should be able to work out what is wrong much more easily than many readers on here.

Sep 2, 2019
Visit site
Thanks for that information. My husband Tony will have a look tomorrow.
I myself have Cerebral palsy so doing practical things is not always possible. Yes very annoying. But I do what I can. Also I understand things what you are saying, although my spelling is somewhat iffy.
But I love live enough said.

Tony have big hands that don't work on fiddly things.

Sep 2, 2019
Visit site
We had both been reading the caravan manual to afternoon. I can't say it has help . For me I am more confused than ever.
But here is a list of things that will not work now in the caravan.
Fuse 3 - Blown-Air Heating
Fuse 3 - Blown-Air Heating
Fuse 5 - 12V sockets/Hitchlight/TV AMP
Fuse 6 - Fan circuits ? We don't know if this work or not.
Fuse 7 - ater pumps/Water sensor/ Thetford toilet
Fuse 8 - Ignitions? We don't know, (what is it anyway)

We think we should get a mobile caravan person out ASP.
We are on a small campsite at a friend farm which is 3 miles away from Robet Hood airport South Yorkshire.

Can anyone recommend any mobile caravan service.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Look up our forum friend, Sprocket. If you Google Stephen Gowan, you will find his contact details.
He is based in South Yorkshire. Someone may post a link. I’m not clever enough. He is under G & G mobile Caravan services
Good luck
Mel

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts