No heat from Carver 2000 space heater

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
My carver 2000 fanmaster heater fails to produce any warm/hot air when switched to 1kW or 2kW electric control.
The fan works as it should but it just blows cold air through the vents.
Any suggestions on fault are welcome before I strip the heater down.
Thanks in advance.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I suggest that you contact Gary at Arc Systems, he is the very best person to help you as he deals with all Carver problems on a daily basis and knows what he is talking about.
www.arcsystems.biz/

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Firstly, did the heater work before or is this a caravan that is new to you? Is there a master switch for the heater's mains or a spur fuse? If you had asked this in winter I would have suggested you switched on the heater without the fan and when heat was coming out at the top switch the fan on. However as it is summer this might not be helpful. The heater, I think is really gas and the electric elements are in a position that doesn't optimise their output.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
For your information......

The electric elements are protected with an overheat cut out......this cuts the power supply to the elements.
Most likely to operate if all the hot air outlets are closed or blocked preventing free movement of the hot air.
Makers instructions for use of the electric heating require at least one vent to be fully open at all times.

Can't be sure of the resetting procedure of your model........some had a reset button on the rear casing.
Some had a single use cut out that has to be replaced once it had operated.

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
Many thanks to all for help.. Problem was a fault in heating isolating switch.. although showing 'on' no output was getting to heating elements.. repaired and working

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts