No-shows on CC sites

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Extract from the January magazine (page 36):

"... thanks to the Club's advance booking service we are able to identify all members who have not arrived as per their booking over the last 12 months".

The article goes on to say that the non-compliant minority "may well find" that they are contravening a bye-law and that failure to comply "may jeopardise continuation of your membership".

It's all a bit wishy-washy, but it's a step in the right direction. Is the booking system now similar to the CCC, in that you can have only one site booked for a particular date or period?

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Excellent news. Theres only one point I would pick the club up on and thats the "MAY jeopardise continuation of your membership".

Personally I would like to see them thrown out because by doing what they do just tells you what kind of people they are. They are prepared to jeopardise other peoples holidays because of their own selfishness so why should we bother about them.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It is good news but agree that the punishment for a no show does seem vague to say the least. I am with Lord B on this one a no show should mean cancelletion of membership.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
The CC really has to say "may" rather than "will" as there will be some hard cases where members (the club as a whole) will be better served by a flexible approach.

The corollary to this is that they can only enforce this against persistent offenders - the first response from the member will always be that there was some sort of unforeseen problem with the car, the caravan, illness or whatever, and the club will not in practice be able to investigate and validate all these excuses.

I would like to see the club

- introduce deposits in some form

- prohibit multiple bookings on the same day under the one membership number.

The multiple bookings ban alone would certainly reduce overbooking but the serial abuser will still need weeding out - all they have to do is book a CC site and a non-CC site at the same time, and of course they will be more likely to cancel the CC one if they have paid a deposit on the non-CC site only.

Of course all of this has to be cost-effective. I'm curious about the number of cancellations and wonder how many pitches might be freed up - has any member asked for this information?

John

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts