no water in toilet sink ?

Feb 15, 2009
Visit site
I Have a just over 3yr old Bailey Pegasus GT65 Rimini .I have hot/cold water in the large sink in the living area (kitchen) ,I also have hot/cold water at the shower .both as normal .BUT NO hot/cold water coming from the small sink in the toilet . I think it could be the pressure switch at the tap if it has one?. I say that because there seems to be a switch where the inlet for the water pump plugs into the side of the caravan .when I open the sink (kitchen) tap this clicks when tap is opened/closed as it does with the shower pump starts/stops . but does NOT when I open the toilet sink tap hot or cold .nothing . Anyone had same/similar problem . there are no leaks from inlet to toilet taps.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
There will be a pressure switch near the water inlet inside the caravan. It should be white with a rotating wheel on top. It might need adjusting but if not unless there is a valve in the line I would be looking for a blockage.

Feb 15, 2009
Visit site
HI Raywood ,thanks for reply. I have sayed that there is a pressure switch as you describe but if that was faulty then I would not get water anywhere .not just in the toilet sink .

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Douglas_374404558 said:
I Have a just over 3yr old Bailey Pegasus GT65 Rimini .I have hot/cold water in the large sink in the living area (kitchen) ,I also have hot/cold water at the shower .both as normal .BUT NO hot/cold water coming from the small sink in the toilet . I think it could be the pressure switch at the tap if it has one?. I say that because there seems to be a switch where the inlet for the water pump plugs into the side of the caravan .when I open the sink (kitchen) tap this clicks when tap is opened/closed as it does with the shower pump starts/stops . but does NOT when I open the toilet sink tap hot or cold .nothing . Anyone had same/similar problem . there are no leaks from inlet to toilet taps.

Hello Douglas,

Given the circumstances you describe we can discount the pump and the pressure switch. Just for your information the caravan manufacture will only have fitted one pressure switch by the cold water inlet. Any other wires you may find at the taps are redundant, but may be there because the manufacturer may have used a stock part which happens to have micro-switches for use in caravans with switched tap control system.

What I believe is an important comment is that you report BOTH hot & cold are affected. This would be unusual and unlikely to occur if it was a single tap fault, but the pictures I have seen of the Rimini show a mixer tap in the bathroom. so it is possible the mixer tap is broken or its outlet blocked.

Alternatively as you don't tell us if the tap has ever worked for you, perhaps you have only just acquired the caravan. It could be possible the previous owner has had some problem with the tap or the sink and has disabled the tap or pipe work leading to the taps.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
I had the same problem with taps after the winter - in my case water in the shower but only briefly in the sinks. Both mixer tap filters were blocked preventing flow. Carefully unscrew fro the tap spout and dismantle the filters, could be a plastic and couple of wire meshes, thoroughly clean and replace. Also worth checking the main inlet filter cartridge (should be hand dated when installed) and replacing it - as I think that was the source of the 'grime' in the tap filters after the winter disuse.

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Had this prob with the sink in my Elddis earlier this year. At the spigot end of the tap there is a plastic gauze filter - and a metal gauze one. The fine plastic one was blocked by calcium deposit (even tho there is an inline filter on the cold supply. I believe that this filter is to prevent the water splashing into the sink too violently (I wish). I simply removed it. During our long trip in the summer the same thing caused the tap in the bathroom to cease flowing and I removed that filter also. The spigot end on the tap simply unscrews to remove the blocked filter. It fooled the service engineer who, after replacing the tap body, gave up and left it to me. I removed the whole tap and stripped it down before I discovered the offending filter. 5 mins to sort when you know how.
HTH's

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site
I don't understand the need for a filter on the tap in the bathroom !
On the drinking water tap is ok but why the bathroom?
Surely the detritus that may come through would be so fine it would be no harm when washing.

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I suppose the logic is that the tap could be used anywhere, it just happens to be used in your bathroom. Also the purpose of the filter is to reduce the pressure so that it does not hit the basin and splash everywhere.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts